• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Natorious
Junior Boarder

"The Dead" with JK (Instead of Warren)

#8910 3 years, 5 months ago
I love Warren Haynes in the Allman Brothers and Mule, but I think JK should be in "The Dead". It's the job he was born have. What do you all think?
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

Re: "The Dead" with JK (Instead of Warren)

#8912 3 years, 5 months ago
I agree completely. I saw the Dead three times with Warren, and seen Furthur three times. All three Furhtur shows blow the Dead outta the water. NOW, the issue would be would Billy and Mickey be williong to work with JK. S eems like they, like some of us, cant get past JK being a Jerry clone.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#8937 3 years, 5 months ago
The more I see and listen to Furthur the less I think of JK as jerry clone. He really isn't, he's bringing his own style to the band and songs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#8938 3 years, 5 months ago
Never thought of JK as a Jerry clone. It's cool though, to sometimes hear Jerry's voice or what I'm thinking is Jerry's voice coming from JK. Damn, I love this band.
Natorious
Junior Boarder

#8952 3 years, 5 months ago
If liking a clone of Jerry Garcia is wrong, I don't want to be right
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#8957 3 years, 5 months ago
Listen to him in DSO. He really was a Jerry-clone there. No doubt about it, but that was his job, ya know? I agree that since hes taken the spot in Furthur, he's realyl turned into his own thang that is heavily influenced by Jerry. I cant wait to see/hear JKs solo band play.
Bzerk 2
Junior Boarder

#8964 3 years, 5 months ago
Warren haters rejoice. The Dead shows were GRATE. I caught like 10 of them. It worked fine for me & people were digging it.

But Furthur really has a better sound flow going. The music is as good as it gets now. All we need is more shows to enjoy it.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#8966 3 years, 5 months ago
Bzerk 2 wrote:
Warren haters rejoice. The Dead shows were GRATE. I caught like 10 of them. It worked fine for me & people were digging it.

But Furthur really has a better sound flow going. The music is as good as it gets now. All we need is more shows to enjoy it.

Furthur is awesome, but i sure miss Warren singing Sugaree!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
skimfrosty
Junior Boarder

#8967 3 years, 5 months ago
Well.............since Billy has no interest in Furthur I dont see him doing The Dead thing anytime soon. And the way Russo is playing right now, I'm fine with what they got.........no need to keep changing lineups when Furthur is just finding their own rhythm.
Support Live Music
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#8986 3 years, 5 months ago
no matter what they call it i'll go see it !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds