• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

Re: Festivals(2012)

#90011 2 years, 10 months ago
Alll good in Ohio, not bad. That spot looks pretty good as long as Furthur is there.
Chester
More or less in line

#90018 2 years, 10 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
I liked illuminaughty's idea of a Furthur Fest with all GD related bands playing. 7 Walkers, Rythm Devils, Mickey Hart Band, Melvins Seals JGB w/ Stu Allen, P&F, Ratdog, Furthur, and closing it off with The Dead w/ Jk on lead! Talk about heaven on Earth that would be insane!!!!!

Man, I really like that idea. Maybe 3 or 4 festivals, over the course of the summer, in different parts of the country.
And I would include DNB, and NRPS. Maybe Little Feat. Each fest would be a weekend. Fri-sun night. At places
that could hold 20,000 or more. They could make a bundle, and all of us very happy, at the same time.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#90025 2 years, 10 months ago
These days, I only go to fests that includes Furthur, all of the other bands that are regulars in the scene are great and I've seen most, but furthur is my big draw. Nateva in 2010 was my all time highlight for fests, I was a vendor and reached a new level on that july 4th weeked in many, many ways. All good and Gathering of the vibes are always fun, but if Furthur is not involved I'm into going to the MANY smaller fests close to my area, mainly New England states. wormtown, Camp creek, Uphoria and many more. My festy season will be small this year because i have traveling in mind.
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#90030 2 years, 10 months ago
Allgood in Ohio sounds great as long as Furthur plays.
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#90435 2 years, 10 months ago
I think i'll head down to all good this summer, i don't know something about it is just amazing. its a pretty smaller festivals out there but its still big enough to feel like a festival but i just think having it out in the middle of nowhere is pretty cool, sounds like a great place to see furthur and other jam bands
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#91312 2 years, 9 months ago
virginiakeygrassroots.com/music-art/performer-lineup

Here is a link to a festival that I just found out about. It's near Miami Feb 9-12 on Virginia Key, off the mainland in Biscayne Bay. No direct GD connection, although the Roy Jay Band does play some Dead covers. Donna the Buffalo is the festival's organizers and they are really one hell of a band for those that don't already know. Come on down out of the cold and kick off the 2012 festival season!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Island Head
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds