Junior Boarder

Re: Festivals(2012)

#89481 2 years, 10 months ago
hell ya !!!!!!!!!!!!
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#89512 2 years, 10 months ago
Cool everyone sounds like a fun summer is coming our way, me and my Chi crew were talking about a whole summer tour for Furthur instead of festies... hope to see yall on the road. I truelly wish rothburry would be back.. EFF is not cutting it. i like cheese but not so much electronic music except SHPONGLE
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#89515 2 years, 10 months ago
i would easily go back to all good again, because marvin's mountaintop is one of the most beautiful places i've ever seen...that being said i've heard it probably won't be there again because of the death that occurred last year and i don't know if i'll go again because that setting was a huge reason why i liked it so much...i would love to go to furthur fest though even if i'd have to drive across the country to it
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#89606 2 years, 10 months ago
Rumor has it Allgood is being moved from wv to va
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

#89815 2 years, 10 months ago
Please don't tell anyone about High Sierra Music Fest!! LOL
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#89937 2 years, 10 months ago
Brother Dust wrote:
Rumor has it Allgood is being moved from wv to va

All Good to Move Venues in 2012

www.jambands.com/news/2011/11/22/all-goo...move-venues-in-2012/

The All Good Music Festival & Camp Out will move from its longtime West Virginia home to Thornville, Ohio’s Legend Valley this summer. The 16th annual festival is slated to take place from July 19-22, 2012. Legend Valley was formally known Buckeye Lake Music Center and has hosted amphitheater-size shows by the Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers Band, Lollapalooza and AC/DC. The site has also been home to several Hookahville festivals.

A staple of the summer festival circuit, All Good traditionally take place in the Mid-Atlantic region. The festival was held at Brandywine, MD’s Wilmers Park from 1997-1999 before moving to Capon Bridge, WV’s Buffalo Gap Campground in 2000 and Spotsylvania, VA’s Oakley Farm in 2001. After a year at Terra Alta, WV’s Sunshine Daydream Campground in 2002, the festival found a seemingly permanent home at Masontown, WV’s Marvin’s Mountaintop in 2003.

A statement from All Good’s promoters reads, “We had to weigh the impact of our traffic and presence on the local population and local officials who never warmed up to the festival, its legion of loyal fans and our “style”. In 2011 county officials went so far as to pass a crippling Mass Gathering Ordinance that directly targeted All Good and levied an outrageous tax on our event. We would much rather spend this money (your ticket money) on bands, safety and enhancements to your overall festival experience. Legend Valley has a rich history of hosting similar events and Thornville is excited to have All Good roll into their town. The community is better suited to host us and grateful for the business that we will bring to their rural location. For some of you in the east, the journey to All Good will be a longer drive, but with our entrance less than a mile off I-70, it may actually take you less time from your front door to your campsite. For all of you, our new site means fast, unobstructed, wind-in-your-hair interstate travel, straight to the lot. Grab your spot in the spacious camping pastures, and settle into the roomy, gently sloping amphitheater. No climbing and plenty of room to groove.”

The festival will once again feature no-overlapping sets and multiple stages.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Chester
More or less in line

#89941 2 years, 10 months ago
alilfurther wrote:
2 words only MOUNTAIN JAM!!!!!!!!!! love that fest we have gone now every year scince 2007 lots of fun!!!!

Never been, and that would be one I would pick if I could do any at all. Unfortunately, I can't plan that far ahead.
I also want to make it to Teluride, for either the Bluegrass fest, or the Blues and Brews fest. Not really interested
in the Vibes anymore. I went a few years in a row, and I don't like it in Bridgeport as much.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#89946 2 years, 10 months ago
Might do Wakarusa this year, depending on the lineup... and Furthur dates.

Went to Wakarusa from 2004-2008 when it was in Lawrence, KS. Then in 2009 they moved it to Arkansas.

Would also love to catch High Sierra sometime. Looks like a real chill fest with great talent.

10k lakes also looked great, but they stopped in 2010. Maybe they will be back in 2012.

Economy sucks, gas is expensive, and multiple festival offerings make for difficult decisions for many people.
Takin' it in stride!
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#89949 2 years, 10 months ago
yeah strider i heard that and im not even off to college yet... I dont know weather to be happen all good is now only a state away or be bummed its not at that magical place in WV
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#89979 2 years, 10 months ago
I liked illuminaughty's idea of a Furthur Fest with all GD related bands playing. 7 Walkers, Rythm Devils, Mickey Hart Band, Melvins Seals JGB w/ Stu Allen, P&F, Ratdog, Furthur, and closing it off with The Dead w/ Jk on lead! Talk about heaven on Earth that would be insane!!!!!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by iamthedoor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds