• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
loveumore
Fresh Boarder

Merrick NY

#88916 2 years, 10 months ago
This is just trivia really but I noted that the mailing address for Further was Merrick Ny and I grew up there til 76 when I trapsed off to follow the Dead around and land on the west coast.. How did that happen? I mean what in the heck is the band mailing address doing in of all places Merrick Ny? Just curious about that coincedence among a long list of strange things.
I also wanted to continue to beg Further to come to Washington State. Some of us boomer types are not really hitchhiking around the country anymore ya know and with powder season happening over the new years shows well it would just be so much more efficient and environmentally smart if the band could come here rather than have all the thousands upon thousands of fans go to you on the east coast.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Re: Merrick NY

#89033 2 years, 10 months ago
Where did you see that? I grew up in east meadow or at least tried to grow up. I don't know of any Merrick connection other than girl I knew from there did some light work for the great full dead.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#89334 2 years, 10 months ago
loveumore wrote:
This is just trivia really but I noted that the mailing address for Further was Merrick Ny and I grew up there til 76 when I trapsed off to follow the Dead around and land on the west coast.. How did that happen? I mean what in the heck is the band mailing address doing in of all places Merrick Ny? Just curious about that coincedence among a long list of strange things.
I also wanted to continue to beg Further to come to Washington State. Some of us boomer types are not really hitchhiking around the country anymore ya know and with powder season happening over the new years shows well it would just be so much more efficient and environmentally smart if the band could come here rather than have all the thousands upon thousands of fans go to you on the east coast.

are you sure its not something else. The band spells their name as Furthur not further, might be something different.
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#89337 2 years, 10 months ago
I work and live within 10 minutes of Merrick....I highly doubt anything Furthur related is happening there.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#89344 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm also from the area and I'm pretty sure Furthur is Calif based. DSO has it's roots in Merrick NY, the Volunteers and then Zen Tricksters used to play at the Right Track Inn almost every Saturday night.

Where did you see the Merrick return address?

My Albany ticket from GDTSTOO did have a strange return address that was blacked out. It was not from Calif but it looked to me like they were recycling another envelope.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds