• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Natorious
Junior Boarder

"The Dead" Warren out, JK in!!!!!!!!!!

#88668 2 years, 5 months ago
I've seen 2 "the dead" shows and 3 "Furthur" shows. JK is the man for the job. Not both, just JK. Jimmy Herring was the only saving grace for Warren in 2004 but still too much guitar. JK needs to be in "The Dead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helen A Bucket
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

Re: "The Dead" Warren out, JK in!!!!!!!!!!

#88671 2 years, 5 months ago
I've seen two the dead shows as well. One with just jimmy herring and one with herring and haynes. As much as I like Warren with Gov't Mule and solo I just didn't like him with the dead. I don't know why but JK is great for furthur.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#88678 2 years, 5 months ago
JK can be in The Dead Best option there.
Think that was the plan all along.
What a surprise to folks who never heard of Furthur (they are out there)
stadium tours everywhere.
Just turn UP John's channel a bit! Fer crissakes!!
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
esfc85
Junior Boarder

#88681 2 years, 5 months ago
ablebaker wrote:
JK can be in The Dead Best option there.
Think that was the plan all along.
What a surprise to folks who never heard of Furthur (they are out there)
stadium tours everywhere.
Just turn UP John's channel a bit! Fer crissakes!!

Right on brutha!!!!
I live with fear and danger everyday. But, occasionally, I leave her to fight a fire.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#88708 2 years, 5 months ago
JK or bust!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#88734 2 years, 5 months ago
hopefully Bill not liking JK is just a rumor cause he would be great with The Dead ..... I love Warren to but doing his own thing, I said this many times before but I just feel that he gives The Dead more of a southern rock sound with his guitar --- still enjoyed The Dead in 09' though and would go on tour either way, having John would just top it all off.
probeck2001
Junior Boarder

#88739 2 years, 5 months ago
John's way better playing Dead music. I don't think Warren really ever wanted to be the guy. He's more into doing his own thing.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#88743 2 years, 5 months ago
Agreed, but I could definitely see some major disagreements over who should play lead guitar if "The Dead" ever got back together, and could see that actually stopping it from happening.
To be honest it seems like Billy really enjoys 7 Walkers. And Mickey is having fun making his new band, probably doing a bunch of world music and music therapy stuff (This weekend he's at a music therapy conference, I know because my sister is a music therapist and is there also).
And of course Furthur is on fire. For the foreseeable future are these guys even gonna want to get back together??
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#88765 2 years, 5 months ago
I agree, i'm still hoping The Dead will be on hold for a while, hopefully a long while, just focused and amazed with Furthur right now. I love Warren and all he has done, but he's really got something else going and i hope it stays that way.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#89158 2 years, 5 months ago
i want to hear phil bob bill and mickey all in the same band, but i dig that they are all into what they are into right now and it gives us a chance to see some members, billy and mickey in more intimate places, not way back behind all those drums, like ratdog did for bob, being a few feet from them is an awsome experience, xspecially when they are on fire.
but yeah lead guitar is the main disagreement rumor has it.
but with phil playin with warren in phil and friends, and bob and mickey and billy playin in SF at the 7 walkers show(i know people say bill was snubbin bob but what the fuk, i think people read too much into things)
it says alot they were playin together, and i wish i was there.
so it looks like its JK or warren, (but i think there are better choices, barry sless, kimock, karan,trucks,ALOT of SF talent is untapped.
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds