• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

Re: Furthur should add this to their repertoire'..

#90443 2 years, 10 months ago
yes, yes and yes, I loved this song and haven't heard for years. To be perfectly honest the Stones version is just perfect but still. . .
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#90462 2 years, 10 months ago
The song is absolutely beautiful. If anyone does it , they better do it just as good or it will sound terrible. I dont think its a song furthur should even think about doing . The only way it would sound alright is if Phil sings it. They should do this one. More practical......(that stones song rocks though...i feel like im walkin a moonlight mile in the summer barefoot ...lovely )....how bout this one...."california sunlight....sweeett"

jack straw > The song remains the same !

www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub...TsnSLyxk7VH-bApjInwg
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#90463 2 years, 10 months ago
I was just hummin the moonlight mile in my head walkin around my kitchen. Another song was bleeding in and out. Thats it !!! The song could work 4 sure I feel if this song is played right before it. I'LL TAKE A MELODY !!! The ending of the song.."SHINE ON...keep on Shining...SHINE on ...keep on shining...." then the guitar ...it matches the vocals of Mick Jaggar and the stones songs guitars almost to the tee !!! I'll take a melody > Moonlight Mile....listen 4 yourself....!!

www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub...1EpxYDpE5TyJFyH63w3w

listen to the ending of melody , then play moonlight mile.....this would be very cool. !!
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#90557 2 years, 10 months ago
it's all about the lyrics,,,

(the band can definately relate)

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

#90601 2 years, 10 months ago
I think Furthur should cover White Rabbit. Can you imagine Phil singing the feed your head part, it would just be classic. Also a Jessica Jam would be something else
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#90614 2 years, 10 months ago
I could go for some beach boys of some kind....or anything talking heads
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#90633 2 years, 10 months ago
It would be cool if Joan Osbourne sat it with Furthur and sang Moonlight Mile. She could do justice to it.
Chester
More or less in line

#90635 2 years, 10 months ago
deadegad wrote:
It would be cool if Joan Osbourne sat it with Furthur and sang Moonlight Mile. She could do justice to it.

I like it.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90798 2 years, 10 months ago
she's got a good voice, the only thing I don't like listening to Phil & Friends or Dead recordings with her is when she trys to do her Pigpen style raps -- they all sound corny and just don't seem to fit in right, just my opinion of course.
ApocalypseDead
Fresh Boarder

#90895 2 years, 10 months ago
I don't know why I've always thought this... first with the dead (with Jerry) but especially now with Furthur, I'd love to see them pull out a Dire Straits cover. There's a definite vibe and feeling there that I think Furthur could exploit the hell out of.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds