• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Fabulous Fox Veggie Chili

#88008 2 years, 11 months ago
That's right ladies and gents, I am making chile for the show.

pinto beans
black beans
minced garlic
garlic powder
onion powder
scallions
cayenne pepper
white pepper
crushed red pepper
cumin seeds
coriander
salt
black pepper
chile powder
ancho chile powder
chipotle chile powder
fresh chile pepper
green chile pepper
Jalapeno's
green pepper
minced onion
tomato paste

Its not going to be all that spicy, even with all these ingredients. I figure it should be palatable for a lot of different people. I'm bringing some hot sauce for those who like it like that, myself included.

I'm also cooking some brown rice to go with it. I prefer white rice, but I am assuming that a lot of people have issues with the white, and that wooks and granola types would like the brown.

After a little consideration, I got some Kasmati rice to go with. I love the smell, and subtle flavor. Cooking for myself, I would use that

The weather is looking kind of wet, and cool, with temps in the upper 40's. 60% chance of rain. I'm bringing my Coleman stove to keep things warm. I may bring my truck and keep everything on the tailgate, under the cap, so it will be dry.

I am also making a pretty big batch, like double what I usually make. Please don't make me go home with any, be sure to come get some.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Ossumpei.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Fabulous Fox Chile

#88016 2 years, 11 months ago
wow, just one more reason i wish i was going to the fox show. sounds delicious.

ENJOY EVERYBODY GOING TO ST LOUIS.

i think i went to a furthur show there before but not at the fox, some college arena or something? uncle johns opener i know that. could have also been the first "any road" ..had some great BBQ there
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#88055 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks wlewis. I really enjoy cooking, especially for a lot of people. Its the way I learned to cook, over campfires with one pot. Now that I have an actual kitchen with pots and everything, I still cook the same type of foods.

My hope is that I can give it all away. We got enough plates and all that for 50, so I guess that will cover it.

That sounds like last years Chaiffets Arena show. One of my favorites. Loved So Many Roads and that a capella Attics encore.

I enjoy the St L dry rub style of BBQ. It works very well on several types of meats.

The truth about BBQ, just like chili, is that there is no right or wrong. Its subjective, and you could debate it all day, with people from all over. Very regional. Which one you like best, is the best.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#88068 2 years, 11 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Thanks wlewis. I really enjoy cooking, especially for a lot of people. Its the way I learned to cook, over campfires with one pot. Now that I have an actual kitchen with pots and everything, I still cook the same type of foods.

My hope is that I can give it all away. We got enough plates and all that for 50, so I guess that will cover it.

That sounds like last years Chaiffets Arena show. One of my favorites. Loved So Many Roads and that a capella Attics encore.

I enjoy the St L dry rub style of BBQ. It works very well on several types of meats.

The truth about BBQ, just like chili, is that there is no right or wrong. Its subjective, and you could debate it all day, with people from all over. Very regional. Which one you like best, is the best.

that's awesome i enjoy cooking myself but i'm not very great at it. i like using a wok or a grill.

yup chaifetz that sounds about right so many road was gorgeous. had a great time there. i think we took a weird train or lightrail to the venue. stayed by the airport. almost rolled into a k9 checkpoint on 55 goin north to chi town the following afternoon-tragedy narrowly averted??

you're right they do use the dry rub down there and i personally prefer that. and again you're right, it's all in the person tasting the chili. everyone has got their own style
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharicee
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#88069 2 years, 11 months ago
anyone goin to stl if you want bbq you should find time to chek out pappys bbq its pretty freakin awesome i recommend the ribs, tri tip, and frito pie mmmmmmmm
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#88071 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:

that's awesome i enjoy cooking myself but i'm not very great at it. i like using a wok or a grill.

yup chaifetz that sounds about right so many road was gorgeous. had a great time there. i think we took a weird train or lightrail to the venue. stayed by the airport. almost rolled into a k9 checkpoint on 55 goin north to chi town the following afternoon-tragedy narrowly averted??

you're right they do use the dry rub down there and i personally prefer that. and again you're right, it's all in the person tasting the chili. everyone has got their own style

Those seem to be signs that are there to see who pulls off the highway. I've driven past them several times and never saw one cop.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#88076 2 years, 11 months ago
The beans are done. I hate it when they are a little tough. I cooked them early, with just the spices, so they would get done throughout.

Now I'm going to put in the peppers, green, green chili, chili, jalapeno. Diced tomato's, tomato paste. The plan was to cook the veggies a lot shorter than the beans. I want them to retain their shape shape because they taste a lot fresher, and people who don't like them can pick them out. I cut them in rings, so they can be picked out easily.

Fresh rice tomorrow am.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#88078 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh, I almost forgot, chili, like spaghetti sauce, is better when it sets up a while. At least overnight. Especially with the tomato paste.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#88079 2 years, 11 months ago
<<<<CHILI!!!!!>>>>

You ought to set up next to someone selling some good beer.

www.trissell.biz/portfolio/Cartoons/Chil...rty%20001%20copy.png
Chester
More or less in line

#88095 2 years, 11 months ago
Sounds delicious! You all enjoy!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds