• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

No one

#87961 2 years, 11 months ago
came to our seats in Cbus to say hi. We got stuck in a nearly 3 hour traffic jam on the way there , got to the show shortly before the band went on and had a real fun time. I was however looking forward to meeting some of you.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: No one

#87965 2 years, 11 months ago
Maybe the seats aren't the right place to meet. When I was touring with the Stones, the hard-cores -- commonly known as Shidoobees -- would pick a bar near each venue to congregate in before and after the shows. I know that at my two most recent Furthur shows it would have been nearly imposible to meet up with people unless they were only a section or two away.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#87991 2 years, 11 months ago
That sucks. Maybe the seats aren't the best place to meet though.

I hope I get to meet and hang out with several forum members in STL. I feel like its going to be one of the best parts of the show. I want to have a good time, a few laughs, maybe share a brownie, which will preclude the laughs of course.

I'll be at shakedown with some free veggie chile and some rice.

I really want to meet everyone.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Ossumpei.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87994 2 years, 11 months ago
how many people did you PM or call? i was not there but all i saw was a post the day of with your seat locations. if i was going to the show there is no way i would have seen that. i've found that i can't expect people to show up to where i want i've set up so many forum gatherings that never came to fruition for the same reason. it's all about planning, having peoples phone numbers, etc.

i still think we should have a table at every show and i would be more than willing to man it down when i can

i have also found that the first meeting is always the most difficult to organize. after that, not only do you know what the person looks like but for me, people are just more willing to meet up after that initial time.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#87996 2 years, 11 months ago
I too found meeting up difficult. I'm thinking outside a gate number at intermission may be one way to find people next go around. I THINK I saw doing that rag at msg (in isles near sec 330 or so) but it was in the middle of a sizzling set so not EZ to ask a "stranger" who they are.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
kfender
Gold Boarder

#88018 2 years, 11 months ago
I have yet to meet any of you even though I know many of us were at the same shows.I go with the intention of meeting people but in the end I always just do the same thing I do every show.That is hang with the people I go with.I don't mean to be rude but I am an old dog as it were.I am set in my ways and end up just hanging at the car after a quick lap of Shakedown.perhaps next Spring or Summer I will have a chance to meet some of you.You all are top notch people in my book.I am just used to my routine.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#88021 2 years, 11 months ago
kfender wrote:
I have yet to meet any of you even though I know many of us were at the same shows.I go with the intention of meeting people but in the end I always just do the same thing I do every show.That is hang with the people I go with.I don't mean to be rude but I am an old dog as it were.I am set in my ways and end up just hanging at the car after a quick lap of Shakedown.perhaps next Spring or Summer I will have a chance to meet some of you.You all are top notch people in my book.I am just used to my routine.

yeah man i figured after giving you my number 3 or 4 times you'd give a call

just messing around. it's understandable it happens to all of us at certain shows. it is much easier when you are solo and don't have other people to be accountable/responsible for or obligated to be with.

we had some excellent meetings for the upstate NY shows and wilkes barre a few of us shared a room
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#88028 2 years, 11 months ago
if i were there i would have come to dance with you and buy you and your hubby a few beers. Goes to show, most people here are all talk, but when you invite them to come chill at a show, they puss out.

-Goes to show you dont ever know, what each card you play, so play it SLOW!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#88047 2 years, 11 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
came to our seats in Cbus to say hi. We got stuck in a nearly 3 hour traffic jam on the way there , got to the show shortly before the band went on and had a real fun time. I was however looking forward to meeting some of you.

I'm so sorry we didn't meet up! I forgot to check seat numbers before I left, and don't have a smart phone to check from the show. I knew you were on the floor, and I walked up and down the aisles multiple times (with sunshine pin on) looking for a woman with an ankle brace, but no luck. I liked the Captain's method of finding me: he stood behind my section and simply yelled "SUE!!!". It was very effective!

Are you going to Indy, MsJimp? I'm hoping to meet all the folks I missed at Columbus there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#88054 2 years, 11 months ago
by far the best way to meet up is to simply exchange numbers. In Bethel there were suposed to be like 10 or 15 of us and all I met was wlewis and 83msg. This tour I started giving my number to people and I think I met every single one of them, plus more. The meet ups never go as planned, even at bars - they get to packed, people get there late, ect.... with a number you can meet up anytime thats convenient, before the show, during intermission or after the show.

I figured some people might feel weird exchanging numbers so I just gave mine to a bunch of people and if they didn't give me theres back they did end up calling me sometime

it's just about fail-proof meeting up when you exchange numbers.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds