• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wngfan
Junior Boarder

Where to stay near Shoreline????

#8784 3 years, 3 months ago
Hi Folks, need some advice. i am flying in for one of the Shoreline shows with my wife. Any suggestions on where to stay that is an easy cab ride from hotel to Shoreline We will fly into San Jose. I am not sure if we should stake out a hotel in Mountain View, Palo Alto, Santa Clara etc.. One thing we want to be near is some good bars for after the show. Suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,

Wngfan
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

Re: Where to stay near Shoreline????

#8789 3 years, 3 months ago
I'm staying at the mountain view Ramada with a bunch of folks. 2 miles from the venu, a pool and nice rates

www.ramadasiliconvalley.com/
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#9009 3 years, 3 months ago
do you think it is feasible (or safe) to walk to/from the venue to that hotel? A review of the place says it is a rough hood....?
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#9021 3 years, 3 months ago
spent a lot of time in Mountain View, never seen anything I would consider a "rough hood" I'm pretty sure there is nothing within walking distance but plenty of nice/decent hotels within cab distance. I seem to remember some places having shuttles, search for hotels in Mountain View and Sunnyvale then check with them about shuttle services...
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
Dylman
Fresh Boarder

#9041 3 years, 3 months ago
There is a Super 8 less than a mile from shoreline. That is the only motel walking distance to the venue imho and it usually sells out.
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#9395 3 years, 3 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
do you think it is feasible (or safe) to walk to/from the venue to that hotel? A review of the place says it is a rough hood....?

Nothing to really worry about in mountain view. Cabs pickup from shoreline and it will only be like 10 dollars
jackstraw
Fresh Boarder

#12630 3 years, 3 months ago
I am staying at the Ramada and when I called down there to make a reservation this week I asked about walking to the venue and was told that there is some trail (I think they called it the moffet trail) behind the hotels that apparently goes to Shoreline. I guess it's a couple mile walk, but you don't have to cross any highways or anything like that. I don't know if that is true at all, but it would be cool if it is.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#12708 3 years, 3 months ago
we stayed at the county inn on leong dr. in mountain view.....close to venue and moffat fiield right off the highway. nothing fancy but a good crew showed up, spring 2009 i think it was, many parties around the pool well into the night. there is a mercado down (right or east on map link) the st which had excellent latino food, beers & likker, hot spicy coffee in the am, and fresh fruits & veggies for the punch & the dips you understand. very easy to get cab to show, like 10-15 scoots. the really wacky thing was here we are in the heart of silicon valley & the hotel credit card thingy was sketchy wouldn't work so old school carbon slip was used......same thing with taxi, buddy had funky old carbon to imprint card. like others said, no worries about trouble, it is in a residential neighbourhood.

maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&r...=6939213094095660235
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds