• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

PHIL - give this collaboration a shot!

#8775 3 years ago
Ralph Mooney is one of the best pedal steel guitar players in the history of music. He created many of the world's most famous steel guitar licks (many Buck Owens and Waylon Jennings tracks). Flat-out, this guy is just a stellar musician and there is no one who has been able to come close at matching his skill. That is why I am proposing that Furthur bring Ralph Mooney on stage as a guest for one show (I'm sure the band would enjoy it as much as the fans). Please do this for the music!

Here's one of Ralph's knee-melting solos:

Fans, feel free to add if you agree or disagree.

Ace#11
Junior Boarder

Re: PHIL - give this collaboration a shot!

#8820 3 years ago
That's great and all, but why do people feel they always need to add something to make it better? ! It's not good enough for you ? I hate when someone gets up and tries to play with people who have been playin together and are locked in , it just ruins the whole feel, I want to see Bobby & Phil , I could care less if anyone shows up other than Furthur , probably because I am so content and lucky to see the people I love onstage rippin it up for me !
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#8821 3 years ago
I'm usually against sit-ins, but this guy Ralph Mooney is probably the only musician in the history of music that I put above Jerry Garcia. That's all.

Open your minds and let this in.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Ramblin_Joe.
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#8822 3 years ago
I have a very open mind and I'm sure Bobby & Phil do as well, Thanks
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#8829 3 years ago
Still need more opinions here.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#8840 3 years ago
Actually, I'm really just curious to know if Bobby or Phil has heard of Ralph Mooney. I'm wondering what great musicians think of each other.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#8846 3 years ago
Well, you don't have to worry about this being a possibility. Just found out that Ralph passed away in late March...

Damn, he was a good one that will be missed.

www.variety.com/article/VR1118034259?refCatId=16

Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#8869 3 years ago
That's too bad man Come to your house and it wont take long...
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds