• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: ABB To Play "Filmore East"

#89430 2 years, 10 months ago
From Relix (online) : LINK -> www.jambands.com/news/2011/11/21/the-all...s-this-thanksgiving/

News

* Archive

Published: 2011/11/21
The Allman Brothers Band to Play Classic Albums This Thanksgiving

The Allman Brothers Band will perform their classic album At Fillmore East in its entirety this Friday, November 25 at Philadelphia, PA’s Tower Theatre. The band decided to play the classic live album in its entirety to celebrate WMMR DJ Pierre Robert’s 30 years on the radio. The band will then perform At Fillmore East a second time at Boston’s Orpheum Theater on Tuesday, November 29 and also perform Eat a Peach in its entirety on Wednesday, November 30. The Allman Brothers Band performed At Fillmore East in its entirety at New York’s Beacon Theater in March in honor of the show’s 40th anniversary. The Brothers also performed a live version of Eat a Peach as part of an XM radio broadcast in 2004. It remains to be seen if the group will bring back the traditional version of “Blue Sky” for their upcoming run or perform the instrumental number they’ve played in recent years.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#89497 2 years, 10 months ago
OK, so does this mean they won't go into Mountain Jam out of Whipping Post?
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

#89570 2 years, 10 months ago
Three very important ingredients are missing. I love the ABB and all of the replacement players, but without Duane, Dickey and Berry you will never re-produce Live at the Fillmore East. You gotta admit that the ABB has kind of become somewhat of a DSO...And that is coming from someone that seriously thinks Gregg Allman is the greatest white blues singer of all time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bow4bass
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#89621 2 years, 10 months ago
Agree. I don't understand. This would be like The Dead playing cornell 77 in its entirety, whats done is done ya know?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#89674 2 years, 10 months ago
Actually, what you really need to recreate it is Duane. It's his masterpiece more than any of the others. One of my great regrets is never seeing him live and one of the reasons I'm a massive Warren fan is that he's filled that role so convincingly from the late 80s on.

I still think it'll be great. You've got three of the original players and most of the ABB's best jamming vehicles. Good enough for me.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Equinox.
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#89810 2 years, 10 months ago
Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes are two incredible guitar players. I'm sure it will sound great.
probeck2001
Junior Boarder

#89908 2 years, 10 months ago
If you look at what DSO charges for a ticket or what Furthur charges for a ticket you'll see how crazy their prices are. I mean how money grubbing can you get?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#91149 2 years, 10 months ago
For anyone who's curious, the Tower concert tonight was absolutely phenomenal. First set was great but the second set, where they played Fillmore East, was just jaw-dropping. Band was totally on fire. Check out archive.org or pick up an official CD set, you'll see what I'm talking about. Only downer was the major percentage of blitherly drunk idiots but, hey, I guess it kind of contributed to that 70s vibe.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Terrapin Sedation
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#91152 2 years, 10 months ago
Equinox wrote:
For anyone who's curious, the Tower concert tonight was absolutely phenomenal. First set was great but the second set, where they played Fillmore East, was just jaw-dropping. Band was totally on fire. Check out archive.org or pick up an official CD set, you'll see what I'm talking about. Only downer was the major percentage of blitherly drunk idiots but, hey, I guess it kind of contributed to that 70s vibe.

You were there?? Lucky man!! I had a stuttering stream, but it was such a special event that I put up with it just to hear what I could. Looking forward to hearing it uninterrupted tomorrow!
Chester
More or less in line

#91156 2 years, 10 months ago
Equinox wrote:

Yeah, heard bits and pieces. I'll be sure to check it out.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds