• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

ABB To Play "Fillmore East"

#87667 2 years, 8 months ago
According to a press release from Live Nation, The Allman Brothers will perform the entire Live At The Fillmore East album at their Tower theater show next Friday, November 25.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Equinox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Tmglf2, wlewis, Island Head
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: ABB To Play "Filmore East"

#87669 2 years, 8 months ago
Now that's something I would dearly love to hear!!
probeck2001
Junior Boarder

#87680 2 years, 8 months ago
Link?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#87775 2 years, 8 months ago
Here's the actual release:

THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND

To Perform At Fillmore East Live In Its Entirety

Friday, November 25

Tower Theater

Tickets On Sale Now at LiveNation.com

The Allman Brothers Band At Fillmore East has long been regarded as one of rock's great live albums. And so, to kick off their two-night run at the legendary Tower Theater, the band will be performing this iconic album in its entirety on Friday, November 25th. Tickets are on sale now for this special performance at LiveNation.com.

The band - Gregg Allman (vocals and keyboards), Butch Trucks (drums and tympani), Jaimoe (drums), Warren Haynes (vocals, lead and slide guitar), Derek Trucks slide and lead guitar), Oteil Burbridge (bass) and Marc Quinones (congas and percussion) - have very rarely performed this album, and most notably in 2009 on their 40th anniversary show at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. Listed as No. 49 in Rolling Stone Magazine’s “500 Greatest Albums of All Time,” the iconic album includes such Allman Brothers Band staples as “Statesboro Blues,” “You Don’t Love Me,” “Whipping Post” and “In Memory of Elizabeth Reed.”

I assure you it's authentic. Over the years I've done work in the music biz and I'm still on lots of publicists' email lists. I immediately grabbed a pair of tickets.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87809 2 years, 8 months ago
last time i saw them was a year ago on my night off from furthur. as crazy as it sounds, it was exactly one year ago because the 19 was woosta and 20 21 were the garden. anyways, i don't know if i was spoiled rotten from all the furthur or what but i just could not get down to the allman brothers like i used to. they sounded so bad, it was in the orpheum in bahston. gregg was rough it was a derek trucks fest which i'm not complaining but i wanted to get some semi-authentic group sound. one of the drummers (jaimo i believe) was doing nothing. the crowd was standing still all night i was the only person dancing in the balcony i lit up a pipe and a couple next to me asked me what the hell i was doing, everybody staring. "i thought this was an allman brothers concert"
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#87835 2 years, 8 months ago
got that email today too
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#87846 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
last time i saw them was a year ago on my night off from furthur. as crazy as it sounds, it was exactly one year ago because the 19 was woosta and 20 21 were the garden. anyways, i don't know if i was spoiled rotten from all the furthur or what but i just could not get down to the allman brothers like i used to. they sounded so bad, it was in the orpheum in bahston. gregg was rough it was a derek trucks fest which i'm not complaining but i wanted to get some semi-authentic group sound. one of the drummers (jaimo i believe) was doing nothing. the crowd was standing still all night i was the only person dancing in the balcony i lit up a pipe and a couple next to me asked me what the hell i was doing, everybody staring. "i thought this was an allman brothers concert"

They're definitely capable of off nights. Saw one of the shows at the Beacon this spring. First set wasn't much -- everything felt out of synch. Second set was much, much better. Honestly, I haven't been as big a fan since Dickey Betts left. It just doesn't seem as authentic. However, Fillmore East is one of my desert island discs and I wouldn't miss this for the world.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
probeck2001
Junior Boarder

#87872 2 years, 8 months ago
Cool. Really expensive though. $143 for a seat in the center is crazy. $80 for a seat all the way over on the side is still a lot.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#87909 2 years, 8 months ago
They probably are doing this to sell tickets, of course.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#88031 2 years, 8 months ago
It's a shame they won't let anyone download a recording of the show. I was a huge ABB fan but gradually lost interest over the years when I couldn't listen to their shows. It's their music and their right but I think it hurt them in the long run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds