• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
cowboyneal_atthewheel
Junior Boarder

11/19 Madison Show! Song wish list & predictions!

#87583 2 years, 10 months ago
Haven't see a post for Madison yet so here it is!

So it's Friday and I won't be near my computer during the day tomorow because I'll be truckin down to the Madison show from Duluth, MN.
It's Friday, I don't feel like working so let's hear everyone's predictions and wish lists for Saturday's show in Madison, WI!!!

Here's my wish list for tomorrow:
Standing on the Moon
Playin' in the Band
Promised Land
Wharf Rat
In the Midnight Hour
The Wheel
Mama Tried
Beat it on Down the Line
St. Stephen

Predicted (But unwanted by myself personally because nearly every time I've seen em' they've played these)
Loose Lucy
One More Saturday Night
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
liquidsmoke
Junior Boarder

Re: 11/19 Madison Show! Song wish list & predictions!

#87658 2 years, 10 months ago
I'll be there. I'm primarily a freak for the '60s through mid '70s stuff and have only been to about 7 shows featuring any Dead members(am I welcome here?) so I can't really offer any predictions and my wish list includes a lot of songs that many hardcore fans are sick to death of but here it is-

Golden Road, Other One, New Potato, St. Stephen, China Cat, Dark Star, Eleven, Uncle John's, Casey, Friend, Sugar, Ripple, Truckin', Jack, Eyes, Wheel, Unbroken, Scarlet, Estimated, Terrapin, etc..
Lucy In the Sky or anything from Magical Mystery Tour would be great too!

I'm sure that's eye roll inducing to many of you but I haven't heard most of these songs more than a few hundred times even on my own stereo system since I started getting into the Dead about 11 or 12 years ago so I'm not sick of them yet
I've seen DSO at least as many times as I've seen Phil, Ratdog, The Other Ones, and "The Dead"(no Jerry for me ) combined and I usually really like their shows. This will be my first Furthur show and I'm quite excited!
I have been a lot more hyped on the dead lately and want to buy the studio albums I still don't have and check out live recordings from the '80s and '90s. It's partly a matter of money and time but hopefully I've got another good 50 or 60 years left to do it, Bobby and Phil keep going as long as possible(and Bill and Mickey!), and DSO continue indefinitely! Grateful Dead music is right up there with Yes and Sabbath for me! Old rock rules!

I'll be in row 20 riding the fun gus bus
lost in a maze of liquid smoke I thought my brains were gonna choke
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by liquidsmoke.
liquidsmoke
Junior Boarder

#88742 2 years, 9 months ago
moved
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by liquidsmoke.
liquidsmoke
Junior Boarder

#89166 2 years, 9 months ago
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by liquidsmoke.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds