• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

Re: Weird Question, but

#88059 2 years, 11 months ago
you guys seam to think any of us cares about your dysfunctional family issues ?? we'll i for one do not want to hear about it- and i certainly dont care to have it interrupt almost every post- get over it- we are!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, TheWuby
TheWuby
Junior Boarder
If you get confused just listen to the music play

#88592 2 years, 11 months ago
Ive basically been ignoring it, but it bothers me that even though at least one separate thread was created to contain the fight, it has reappeared in a bunch of totally unrelated threads. not trying to get in the middle of the fight, but the fight has gotten in the middle of several otherwise fun and meaningful threads. its even scared some people out of them. This is just my personal opinion, and i have not been on this forum long enough to form an opinion on either one of you guys, but it seems like the courteous, kind, and not to mention "handle it like real men" way to handle this would be in the real world. Mean spirited Intenet arguments are pointless. Get together and smoke a jay & yell at each othertill ya both got it outta your system, or have a good ol' fashioned & fair brotherly fist fight if thats what it comes to (hopefully not, violence is pretty primitive), ive got 3 brothers, so i understand how easy it is to be brutal to each other, but keep it off the board! it obviously isn't getting solved here, its just making other people uncomfortable. And as Mr. f1re suggested, rise above your differences, and focus on what connects you, no matter how lost those bonds may seem to be. He is quite correct that if this kkeps up, you will only be reunited by a tragedy or other circumstance under which it will be just sad. But I guess sometimes that what it takes....Ain't no time to hate...
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by TheWuby. Reason: potentially offensive figure of speech
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#88617 2 years, 11 months ago
these two people are actually brothers, or brothers in liike the hippy sense, like let me hit that bro.?
im still waiting for the youtube video.
hell meet in a parking lot and ustream the fight.
you guys have got to make this more interesting, or im goin join the majority opinion that you should take it somewhere else.
and if your really brothers, "yo mama" jokes would be pointless huh...
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#88665 2 years, 11 months ago
TheWuby wrote:
Ive basically been ignoring it, but it bothers me that even though at least one separate thread was created to contain the fight, it has reappeared in a bunch of totally unrelated threads. not trying to get in the middle of the fight, but the fight has gotten in the middle of several otherwise fun and meaningful threads. its even scared some people out of them. This is just my personal opinion, and i have not been on this forum long enough to form an opinion on either one of you guys, but it seems like the courteous, kind, and not to mention "handle it like real men" way to handle this would be in the real world. A friend of mine once said, "winning a fight on the internet is like winning the special olympics." I never though I'd repeat this statement to strangers (let alone on the internet...) but now I can see what he meant. Get together and smoke a jay & yell at each othertill ya both got it outta your system, or have a good ol' fashioned & fair brotherly fist fight if thats what it comes to (hopefully not, violence is pretty primitive), ive got 3 brothers, so i understand how easy it is to be brutal to each other, but keep it off the board! it obviously isn't getting solved here, its just making other people uncomfortable. And as Mr. f1re suggested, rise above your differences, and focus on what connects you, no matter how lost those bonds may seem to be. He is quite correct that if this kkeps up, you will only be reunited by a tragedy or other circumstance under which it will be just sad. But I guess sometimes that what it takes....Ain't no time to hate...

i'm not trying to be a jackass wuby, but you should reconsider statements about downplaying the special olympics. winning an argument on the internet is nothing like winning the special olympics. i've worked with the emotionally/physically disabled in school systems around new york state for the past 6 years. if you knew the adversity they overcame and the joy something like the special olympics brings to those who are able to compete, you wouldn't say that. in fact, you'd be disgusted in your comment. there is not much difference between special and "normal" olympics. it is individuals competing for prestigious recognition amongst their peers. it's incredible that some disabled folks can even compete in those events. you don't see the scandal at the special olympics that is so commonly associated with world olympics. (yeah, i've seen the family guy episode)

just a thought. i know you didn't mean to offend anybody but you never know who's family member or students could be those folks you downplay.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
TheWuby
Junior Boarder

#88682 2 years, 11 months ago
I totally appreciate what you are saying, totally not trying to offend anyone, like I said, that is a quote from someone I know and also like I said above I never thought I would repeat it, wasn't intended to be taken literally, one of my best friends sisters is severely autistic and grew up around her my whole life, a beautiful person, I spent time in high school volunteering at an Elementary school for children with disabilities, I only mentioned the quote because it worked metaphorically in my head as a way to describe the situation here in that mean-spirited internet arguments are pointless, not at all meant to be taken literally or detract from the value that the real Special olympics has, I was not trying to downplay anyone, it was just meant as a figure of speech, and I should have stuck with my original plan of never repeating it, I totally apologize, will edit it immediately
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
TheWuby
Junior Boarder

#88686 2 years, 11 months ago
But unfortunately it doesn't seem to edit it where I was quoted in your post:unsure:
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#88688 2 years, 11 months ago
don't worry about it. i understand you didn't mean it. i run into a lot of people who do mean it, and sometimes their attitude changes when they hear what it's really like.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , TheWuby
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#89338 2 years, 11 months ago
These 2 can't seem to stop taking each others bait. Once they both wise up and decide not to engage one another, I am afraid these antics will continue.
IF these 2 can't work it out over some smoke and a couple beers, I think the next step is to get a room. What happens behind 2 closed doors with two consenting adults is a private matter - unlike what has unfolded on this forum.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by teafortexas.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds