• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
trichome
Fresh Boarder

Phil and Friends w/ Warren at Broomfield Rumor

#87113 2 years, 11 months ago
Heard this from a pretty reliable source that Phil and Friends will be coming to Colorado in Feb. Seems like it will coincide with Furthur's rest period until Spring 2012.
trichome
Fresh Boarder

Re: Phil and Friends w/ Warren at Broomfield Rumor

#87131 2 years, 11 months ago
Artist: Phil Lesh & Friends feat. Warren Haynes, John Scofield, Jackie Greene and Joe Russo
Special Guest: TBD
Date: Thursday, February 16, Friday, February 17, and Saturday, February 18 2012 – 8:00pm
Venue: 1STBANK Center
On Sale Date: Friday, December 2, 2011 – 10:00am
announcement nov 28.

I am really excited to see scofield and phil jam again....
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#87133 2 years, 11 months ago
Where is this info coming from?

I'm honestly a little bummed as it probably means Furthur wouldn't do a colorado run at that time. I will go see them all three nights, but damn, I want to see John and Bobby in Colorado.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#87135 2 years, 11 months ago
maybe Bob will do his solo acoustic run around this time as well
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#87144 2 years, 11 months ago
terrapin_blue wrote:

I'm honestly a little bummed as it probably means Furthur wouldn't do a colorado run at that time. I will go see them all three nights, but damn, I want to see John and Bobby in Colorado.

It's been openly discussed on both Ratdog, and Philzone. Seems to have originated from a Facebook page.
"Philandfriends" page? Anyway, it looks legit, but I'll wait for official confirmation. And I don't think it would
cut into Furthur tour. Looks like it's just a one-off small series of shows, not a full tour.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#87163 2 years, 11 months ago
I would appreciate if Furthur took a break till later in the spring anyway. They are too hot to hold right now, and I want that momentum to build a bit longer until the next tour. Time to work on a year's worth of new songs anyway. They do need new (old) material....

Blow Away
Picasso Moon
Sunrise with SUNSHINE ON VOCALS
MONEY MONEY
BLUES FOR ALLAH (dust that one off mighty nicely)
Easy to Love You
Victim
Walk in the Sunshine
Easy Answers (I'd like to hear a fresh take on this with the background vocals. Could really soar!)
Push Comes to Shove
ESAU
WORLD TO GIVE

Yeah the list keeps goin
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#87179 2 years, 11 months ago
terrapin_blue wrote:

I think it was on the PhilZone page and says tix on sale Dec 2 but directed one to the Phil and Friends myspace page which in reality says no upcoming shows so who knows the real story. The rumor mill is always fascinating.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#87404 2 years, 11 months ago
Might well be Phil's version of Bobby's solo acoustic thing. Nice line-up, though.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Equinox.
dhwollins
Junior Boarder

#87458 2 years, 11 months ago
Generally speaking, the Colorado Rumor Mill tends towards accuracy. The 1st Bank Center's Calendar (1stbankcenter.com/events/index.php?page=2#page) shows open dates. I have heard from sources I consider reliable that these February dates are in the works. Sco and Warren on guitars. Jackie on keys? Special Guest TBD (Joan?). Perhaps as the Thanksgiving vapors subside....clarity will come into focus. Happy Turkey all.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87464 2 years, 11 months ago
i wouldn't be surprised if this rumor is true. it's basically fact phil is going to be doing stuff outside of furthur (xmas jam). i think he might be getting a little bored, and i know with p and f he's going to bend things around and keep himself throroughly occupied. i too hope this doesn't rule out a furthur weekend in broomfield. for that kind of travel i'd choose furthur but i sure would like to see phil and friends again. especially with those musicians!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds