• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: #1 queston from strangers this tour...Phil rumor

#87416 2 years, 11 months ago
Ugly Roomers! Can't stay here:P
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#87655 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:

wasn't just whoever you speak of. we were getting them every other day for a bit it seemed. and it's no big deal you don't have to defend anybody because i'm not calling anybody out. i just think people are willing to believe anything they read on here, and that's the number one cause of incorrect information flying around. but again. i choose to listen to a band member as opposed to somebody on the message board. phil asked us in albany to keep it coming. i don't see him dropping out anytime soon.

I'm not defending Sal (well, maybe I am) but I just want to be sure that everyone knows that Sal's given spot on rumor churns and Sal get's 1,000 blessings for being able to pass on tidbits of what my vacation plans will look like.

Most of the "phil is retiring" talk DID start after Sal's post, though. Or at least was a tsunami of phil is retiring posts after Sal posted the rumor.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87661 2 years, 11 months ago
are you sal?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87753 2 years, 11 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
scrltbg
Junior Boarder

#87891 2 years, 11 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Why does Phil always have to be the one rumored to quit? Why can't it be Bob Star or maybe even Mickey or Billy?

Always seemed strange why it had to be Phil. Oh well, I don't believe it. Between the 4 originals, Phil is the most lively and together of them all, in my opinion. He hasn't slowed down one second!

This reminded me, one that I heard in Sept. came from an old local Head who lives in my friend's neighborhood in Eugene. I talked with him during a couple dog walks, and he relayed the word backstage this fall at Cuthbert was that Bobby is actually the one who is getting tired of touring and wants to slow down, TRI Studios being the first step towards that end of getting off the road but still playing live to a national (or worldwide for that matter) audience without all the travel expense and physical toll. It'll take a lot of planning to readjust staffing and figure out the finances, so we should have at least a couple more years of full touring. I didn't get exactly WHO was saying all that, so not sure how reliable the source really was. Just was the first recent talk of stopping I heard that didn't involve Phil at all.

And I agree (with patchmyfurthur), Phil is the one just grinning ear to ear up there on stage, Bobby looks like a grumpy old curmudgeon a lot of the time, lol.

Bobby and Phil will play till they drop I'm sure, but the touring schedule is going to end eventually, it's inevitable! Nobody lives forever, as we are all painfully aware. Let's enjoy them while we can and not sweat the future.

Cherish yesterday...Dream tomorrow..Live today
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by scrltbg.
Tucson John
Senior Boarder

#87914 2 years, 11 months ago
So did you hear anything on the feud between furthur and Kit Kesey, What I heard was that the band was pissed becasue Kesey and the local police had a meeting to crack down on the vending because Kesey had all the vending inside cutburt. So when he wanted to bring the bus the band said no. Kinda sucked to have that going on and could effect futur furthur shows it Eugene. Hope they can mend that fence. Pretty sure Jerry and Ken are rolling in their graves they they could not work that bullshit out. Heard some other B.S. from Oregon Artists in regards to copyright BS from Kesey also in regrds to the bus!
scrltbg
Junior Boarder

#87934 2 years, 11 months ago
Nah, I heard talk of the vending shutdown, but nothing of what was behind it. And there was a small shakedown in one little lot across from where we parked for Sat and Sun. I really didn't wander too much because I was content hanging with my friend and we were pretty self-sufficient. But there were also folks hawking stickers and shirts and whatnot up and down the rows. Lots of spangers (always in Eugene!), my favorite was a girl who told jokes for change. Didn't see anyone getting busted for vending. So I'm leaning towards that was just talk. Sure hope Eugene doesn't get a boycott, I'm moving there in January and Cuthbert is such a sweet little venue. And I'd sure like to see the 40th anniversary show at OCF come to fruition!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by scrltbg.
Tucson John
Senior Boarder

#87950 2 years, 11 months ago
Yea, there always is some friggen drama. There was a small shakedown on Sunday by Alton baker park. I saw two guys in a Mustang getting the full treatment in their mustang by Autzen they look so bumbed like the were sitting on a pound of something and they knew there whole tour just got fucked. Eugene has a sweet Vibe and the show have been smoking the last two years. We always seem to get a stop I would love a bigger show or even a Hult show as the acoustics in there are amazing. anyways Happy Daze and Im going to keep putting the 40th anniversary show into the either. It needs to happen and it has always been recognized in one way shape or form. It was Furthur first show I believe after Jerry transcended! So I really think there is a chance but the property is now corperate as hell and the fair has become a pretty commercial event but there were days I watch the you tube of the first one last weekend and if there was on show in history I could go too Im pretty sure that would be the one .
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#88010 2 years, 11 months ago
I would treat it just like 1990 Cal Expo Phil:"its all just a bs lie"
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#88014 2 years, 11 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
I would treat it just like 1990 Cal Expo Phil:"its all just a bs lie"

i was coincidentally playing my bass to that particular show yesterday and posted it above
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds