• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#1 queston from strangers this tour...Phil rumor

#87100 2 years, 8 months ago
I enjoy saying hello to "strangers" on tour. Hard not to when you go to most shows solo (my choice).

Twice during intermission the "strangers" asked me what I thought about the rumor that Phil is quitting. I tell them from what I know and from what I have read, it's not only old and crusty but it's pure BS, and there will be a spring tour.

Yesterday driving home from Albany I bumped into a couple at a rest-stop. We hung out for a little while, and the guy asked me the Phil question again.

It made me realize how rampant this rumor is.

I suggest to people that they check out this site for some information sharing.

I bet I'm not the only one getting this question.

Rumor is just that a BS rumor.

Time to move on folks. Now....here's some information I know is true. I read it all on diamond duprees news, it's not from the internet. Feel free to pass this stuff along.....

dupreesdiamondnews1992.JPG
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub, Island Head
Chester
More or less in line

Re: #1 queston from strangers this tour...Phil rumor

#87105 2 years, 8 months ago
I did get asked that question. And my answer has always been, don't believe in rumors.
Don't know if they believed me or not, but I'm not going to worry about it.
(Love that parody issue! )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
trichome
Fresh Boarder

#87114 2 years, 8 months ago
I don't think he is quitting but I heard p&f will be coming to colorado in Feb.....before the spring tour.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87155 2 years, 8 months ago
i hear it all the time. i hate it. i just walk away now, as rude as it might seem. you can only hear it a couple hundred times before you want to yell at somebody. some of you have been hearing it for over 20 years now. i think the problem is that they USE the message boards. that is where they get their info. from the moron who's thread title is "phil quitting furthur after this year".

people need to start freakin' listening to what PHIL is saying. he speaks to us every single night he plays.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#87158 2 years, 8 months ago
Why does Phil always have to be the one rumored to quit? Why can't it be Bob Star or maybe even Mickey or Billy?

Always seemed strange why it had to be Phil. Oh well, I don't believe it. Between the 4 originals, Phil is the most lively and together of them all, in my opinion. He hasn't slowed down one second!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87165 2 years, 8 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
He hasn't slowed down one second!

exactly. he has sped up if you ask me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#87168 2 years, 8 months ago
kinda like he used to speed up Franklin's Tower. I'm glad they didn't do that yet on this tour lol
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#87244 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i hear it all the time. i hate it. i just walk away now, as rude as it might seem. you can only hear it a couple hundred times before you want to yell at somebody. some of you have been hearing it for over 20 years now. i think the problem is that they USE the message boards. that is where they get their info. from the moron who's thread title is "phil quitting furthur after this year".

people need to start freakin' listening to what PHIL is saying. he speaks to us every single night he plays.

The thread everyone is referring to is from Salamandar. Who got spoofed and apologized for the rumor. But his info has been rock solid and except for that one incident, his announcements have been spot on.

- in April or May of 2009, "Bob and Phil have started a new band, they are looking to book a few nights, probably in Oakland".
-Winter tour, 2010
-summer and fall tour, 2010 -- Sal was able to name almost all the cities, and the month
-nearly every single tour, Sal has known the majority of places and within a month's time frame

Sal comes out and says the new thing is Phil wants to retire. I was hoping it was untrue but based on Sal's history, wow it depressed me.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#87367 2 years, 8 months ago
i think the whole phil retireing thing comes from
phil talking about building a permanant place to play(terrapin crossing) in the back burner for now.
and phil is the oldest.
and he is the only one with a second liver.
all that in account, i would have to say phil looks in awsome shape, and the whole new liver cleaner livin thing will hopefully allow him to live and perform to ripe old age.
its like rainbow rumor, xcept ignore all rumors of cancelation, its ignore all rumors of phil retiring.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87410 2 years, 8 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
wlewis wrote:

The thread everyone is referring to is from Salamandar. Who got spoofed and apologized for the rumor. But his info has been rock solid and except for that one incident, his announcements have been spot on.

- in April or May of 2009, "Bob and Phil have started a new band, they are looking to book a few nights, probably in Oakland".
-Winter tour, 2010
-summer and fall tour, 2010 -- Sal was able to name almost all the cities, and the month
-nearly every single tour, Sal has known the majority of places and within a month's time frame

Sal comes out and says the new thing is Phil wants to retire. I was hoping it was untrue but based on Sal's history, wow it depressed me.

wasn't just whoever you speak of. we were getting them every other day for a bit it seemed. and it's no big deal you don't have to defend anybody because i'm not calling anybody out. i just think people are willing to believe anything they read on here, and that's the number one cause of incorrect information flying around. but again. i choose to listen to a band member as opposed to somebody on the message board. phil asked us in albany to keep it coming. i don't see him dropping out anytime soon.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds