• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

I hope my dad can make it on Friday night!

#86847 2 years, 8 months ago
Dad and I have been seeing post-Dead shows since PNF in 99 (he saw GD 1976-95 as well), so I am a little stressing out that he might have to work on Friday night! NOOOOO!

It seems a little ridiculous, but if anyone could put out positive thoughts that two generations of Deadheads could see Furthur at LEAST one last time together, it would be great! You never know when this band is gonna be done, so it means a lot that dad and I can see em again!

POSITIVE ENERGY?
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

Re: I hope my dad can make it on Friday night!

#86851 2 years, 8 months ago
ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE Im taking my dad to his first Furthur or Dead show Sunday at the FOX ... im so stoked he loves the dead and loves US blues .. i hope to god they encore that for him . that would be so tight . I def hope your dad makes the show !!!!
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#87449 2 years, 8 months ago
woot woot! we are gonna rock tonight!!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87451 2 years, 8 months ago
that's awesome. great news. my father has never listened to the dead (except when i'm around) but he did name the bird i bought him jerry

something he doesn't understand a whole lot but he seems to be secretly interested in it when he hears me playing my bass to it
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#87454 2 years, 8 months ago
its always great going with family. My dad isn't really a head but he enjoys the shows we all go to when they come close, my mom can't get enough though and goes to at least 1 show a tour with us.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#87461 2 years, 8 months ago
I get downright misty hearing patch, MM and dointhatrag and others talk about seeing the Dead and post-GD bands with their folks, just love it!! My parents took me to a lot of music, but it was all classical, which I still dearly love, as well as Dad's Judy Garland live at Carnegie Hall, but that's not quite like going to a Dead show. I really hope you two can make it, Patch!!

((((((DAD OFF FRIDAY!!!))))))
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#87474 2 years, 8 months ago
oh yeah Sue, "we're gonna rock" is what he told me this morning! HE'S OFF Thanks for all the positivity!

Now, for songs I DON'T wanna hear....hahaha
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#87489 2 years, 8 months ago
Call in a bomb threat at his work
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds