• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: has furthur unveiled a black muddy river yet?

#86564 2 years, 8 months ago
Love to see that.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#86585 2 years, 8 months ago
I would love to hear Furthur try this, but am worried Bobby would try to handle the lead vocals. If this is the case, I'd rather them just not do it at all.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#86597 2 years, 8 months ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
that was to terrapin. sedation. what do u think about sunshine and not Jk. ?

I'm all for giving Sunshine more out front time eg. Terrapin Suite..... I also think she and JK do well with harmonies. I think that really dawned on me during a nice Foolish Heart at the Tower this spring. So that would be a compromise.

I think I need to hear some mournful croaking (I mean that in a good way) on Black Muddy, and JK would bring that. Kind of the hillbilly style he brings to Doin' that Rag and a few other tunes.

One thing about that song that struck me when it was released, it sounded like it was already a 100 years old. An instant classic. I remember hearing Garrison Keillor show where his house band sang it, like a few months after it was released. If you didn't know it was the GD, you never would have guessed it.
thecossack
Fresh Boarder

#88647 2 years, 8 months ago
thank you
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#88652 2 years, 8 months ago
They heard us! encored with it last night in Wisconsin, haven't heard it yet but should be on archive soon!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#88676 2 years, 8 months ago
ask and you shall receive!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#90021 2 years, 8 months ago
Yeah they fucking covered it and Bob absolutely destroyed it (and not in a good way). Why does he keep attempting to sing these songs? I LOVE Bob Weir but these songs are out of his range and are not phrased to suit his voice. It's embarrassing hearing him try to sing Black Muddy, Black Peter, Mission in the Rain, Sugaree, etc...
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90033 2 years, 8 months ago
From the recording I heard I thought he did a good job, and I hope he keeps singing it
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, funky420
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#90036 2 years, 8 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
Yeah they fucking covered it and Bob absolutely destroyed it (and not in a good way). Why does he keep attempting to sing these songs? I LOVE Bob Weir but these songs are out of his range and are not phrased to suit his voice. It's embarrassing hearing him try to sing Black Muddy, Black Peter, Mission in the Rain, Sugaree, etc...

He brought half the arena to tears while "destroying it" you chooch. That was the most emotional musical experience I have ever been a part of. The emotions continued out to shakedown. I happened to be wearing a 95 soldier field shirt and was approached by three older heads that were still shook up over the song. I will never forget that night.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#90059 2 years, 8 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
OtherOne wrote:

He brought half the arena to tears while "destroying it" you chooch. That was the most emotional musical experience I have ever been a part of. The emotions continued out to shakedown. I happened to be wearing a 95 soldier field shirt and was approached by three older heads that were still shook up over the song. I will never forget that night.

Nor will I, I was one of those people weeping during the song it was beautiful. My friend and I were talking about how it would be perfect at Chicago but didn't get it...then WHAMO almost every other Jerry ballad Bob tries to sing I could give or take but this was AWESOME.
The voices tell me what to say
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds