• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Please, No More Beatles!

#87635 2 years, 11 months ago
Wow lots a verbiage.. ok I have to get explicit read no furthur if your ears are tender.. I hear what you are saying.. my response... If you were banging a hottie in 1980 to Mean Mr Mustard and then the band plays it ..it has a deeper meaning to old schoolers. I was in AWE of people who saw 60's shows and early 70's shpws before I got on the bus. I respected my elders. Someone who was at the Golden Gate park in 1967 or the fillmore east in 1970 has a WAY more valid opinion than I do. If you were tripping your ass off in the park in 67 and hear St Stephen in 2011 you just might get different feelings and flashbacks in time than I do. Not to say they are "headier" LOL its just life. Its all in the ear and life experiences of the beholder. So when someone posts no more Beatles us older people may disagree. As far as Pink floyd covers that is a personal preference... tons of people my age love em. OK lets make this easier. If I go to a Pittsburgh Pirates game.. and a 85 yr old man sits next to me.. and starts tellin me stories about when Clemente came to the majors.. how he met Honus Wagner..I would not pretend that I am a "bigger" Pirates fan than him even though I have attended at least 1000 games.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#87638 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh shit.. for the record I am a WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger Stones fan than a Beatles fan.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87644 2 years, 11 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Wow lots a verbiage.. ok I have to get explicit read no furthur if your ears are tender.. I hear what you are saying.. my response... If you were banging a hottie in 1980 to Mean Mr Mustard and then the band plays it ..it has a deeper meaning to old schoolers. I was in AWE of people who saw 60's shows and early 70's shpws before I got on the bus. I respected my elders. Someone who was at the Golden Gate park in 1967 or the fillmore east in 1970 has a WAY more valid opinion than I do. If you were tripping your ass off in the park in 67 and hear St Stephen in 2011 you just might get different feelings and flashbacks in time than I do. Not to say they are "headier" LOL its just life. Its all in the ear and life experiences of the beholder. So when someone posts no more Beatles us older people may disagree. As far as Pink floyd covers that is a personal preference... tons of people my age love em. OK lets make this easier. If I go to a Pittsburgh Pirates game.. and a 85 yr old man sits next to me.. and starts tellin me stories about when Clemente came to the majors.. how he met Honus Wagner..I would not pretend that I am a "bigger" Pirates fan than him even though I have attended at least 1000 games.

nobody but you wits are trying to be a bigger fan of anything. you got mixed up talking about different bands and different opinions obviously not getting. you still think that your experience is the only one or the ideal one. i do respect my elders in the scene, the two people i do most of my touring with started seeing the grateful dead in 1972 and 1973 respectively. one on the east, one on the west.

just because someone was "there" doesn't mean they have a more valid opinion at all. opinions are opinions, they don't have more validity than others. i can't tell you how many times i've heard incorrect information from someone "deader than thou".

i think the beauty of it is that we all have these different experiences dealing with the same things. i think it's crazy to rank them based on time
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#87663 2 years, 11 months ago
I absolutely love hearing furthur play Beatles toons. That said I think they are over doing abbey road. I had such mixed feelings about Phil's birthday show. I was glad I got to see an epic performance like it was but was left wanting for more grateful dead. Yes I said grateful dead because when this old guy sees furthur I am seeing Bob and Phil from the grateful dead with some new and great musicians. Our history shapes us and we can't escape it. I also love to see anyone, any age with a passion for the scene get on the bus.
Abbey road and baron Von tollbooth and the chrome nun were my first two albums and have memories attached to both. Just don't want Beatles toonS to become norm and not special.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#87666 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:

just because someone was "there" doesn't mean they have a more valid opinion at all. opinions are opinions, they don't have more validity than others. i can't tell you how many times i've heard incorrect information from someone "deader than thou".

i think the beauty of it is that we all have these different experiences dealing with the same things. i think it's crazy to rank them based on time

When someone pulls a "deader than thou" accusation it is a sure sign that they are jealous. I'm sorry someone who attended Woodstock has a more valid opinion than me. Someone who lived D Day has a more valid opinion than me. In your view when you get busted do you want a 1st year lawyer listening to the "exact same testimony" or do you want a seasoned 30 yrs of experience defense lawyer. We can hear the same notes and same song.. but it is not received exactly the same. Oh and I'm certainly not a bigger Furthur Fan than anyone.. I love em.. but I got 3 words that shoot the shit outta any "age" related argument you make: Jerry Garcia Live ... "close enough to pretend" but it still aint the real thing
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#87685 2 years, 11 months ago
Glass Onion!! Yes!!!

I think with Sunshine and Jeff that The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill would be a perfect fir for this band.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87741 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:

When someone pulls a "deader than thou" accusation it is a sure sign that they are jealous. I'm sorry someone who attended Woodstock has a more valid opinion than me. Someone who lived D Day has a more valid opinion than me. In your view when you get busted do you want a 1st year lawyer listening to the "exact same testimony" or do you want a seasoned 30 yrs of experience defense lawyer. We can hear the same notes and same song.. but it is not received exactly the same. Oh and I'm certainly not a bigger Furthur Fan than anyone.. I love em.. but I got 3 words that shoot the shit outta any "age" related argument you make: Jerry Garcia Live ... "close enough to pretend" but it still aint the real thing

you're right they would have a more valid opinion on woodstock itself, or D Day itself (saw a great thing on history 2 today about that) but someone who saw D Day wouldn't know what is best for every every invasion of any army on any terrain etc etc..

attending one event and studying law for 30 years is different. i agree, though, not everyone hears the music alike

am i supposed to be jealous? i can't possibly know how to be, i don't know what i missed!

you are taking this all wrong like i'm attacking you and you need to defend yourself, was not the intention. just want you to know that your experience is one of a zillion, and it's no more special than anybody elses. it is interesting to hear everybodys story including yours. but it's not a contest, we're not being ranked. i enjoy hearing some anecdotes you share they can be fun and interesting, and i can relate to a lot of them. but you don't need to put me down because i'm young, you're wasting your time and sounding like a fool.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#87802 2 years, 11 months ago
you are taking this all wrong like i'm attacking you and you need to defend yourself, was not the intention. just want you to know that your experience is one of a zillion, and it's no more special than anybody elses. it is interesting to hear everybodys story including yours. but it's not a contest, we're not being ranked. i enjoy hearing some anecdotes you share they can be fun and interesting, and i can relate to a lot of them. but you don't need to put me down because i'm young, you're wasting your time and sounding like a fool

LOL you ALMOST had me till that last sentence. Where did I put you down for being young? Geezus foolios with no reading comprehension skills............

One other thing... my experiences are not one of a zillion... they are mine. No "better" or worse than anyones... I just have alot more of them ..paid for by my own dime. Not Mommy & Daddy mmkay?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#87813 2 years, 11 months ago
you are taking this all wrong like i'm attacking you and you need to defend yourself, was not the intention. just want you to know that your experience is one of a zillion, and it's no more special than anybody elses. it is interesting to hear everybodys story including yours. but it's not a contest, we're not being ranked. i enjoy hearing some anecdotes you share they can be fun and interesting, and i can relate to a lot of them. but you don't need to put me down because i'm young, you're wasting your time and sounding like a fool

LOL you ALMOST had me till that last sentence. Where did I put you down for being young? Geezus foolios with no reading comprehension skills............

One other thing... my experiences are not one of a zillion... they are mine. No "better" or worse than anyones... I just have alot more of them ..paid for by my own dime. Not Mommy & Daddy mmkay?

what do you mean had you? i'm not playing a game man. your final sentence about three words "jerry garcia live" you are throwing that down but really you're doing nothing but saying "hahah you were too young to see jerry garcia!!!"

exactly they are yours! and tons of other people have theirs! and you're right, no better or worse.

why do you think my parents give me money for touring? because your buddy shakedown steve ASSUMED that about me? if my parents were paying for me to tour, why on earth would i be sitting on my computer talking to you when i could be at rosemont?
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#87957 2 years, 11 months ago
Coming soon : Furthur tackles Rocky Raccoon !

Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds