• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Please, No More Beatles!

#87320 2 years, 5 months ago
I think they should only do the rockin Beatles tunes. I loved when the Dead broke out Day Tripper

m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iB2fgW30im4
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#87321 2 years, 5 months ago
[quote="Island Head" post=87320]I think they should only do the rockin Beatles tunes. I loved when the Dead broke out Day Tripper

Island head you used to be my hero I love day tripper circa 85 but cmon.. this sux??? Seriously... I love these covers.. and if I can um say more stones...

Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#87325 2 years, 5 months ago
booo i love there Beatles covers i would like to see others though. Furthur brings Beatles music back to life
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walk in the Sunshine
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#87333 2 years, 5 months ago
[quote="Walk in the Sunshine" post=87321]Island Head wrote:
and if I can um say more stones...

WITS, i would do terrible terrible things to hear some more stones covers....i bet JK could nail Sympathy or Gimme Shelter or play my two favorite Let's Spend the Night Together (could have sworn i was hearing this in Hampton around UJB) or Sweet Virginia..Exile is on of my favorite albums of all time
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#87343 2 years, 5 months ago
[quote="doin_that_rag" post=87333]Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Island Head wrote:
and if I can um say more stones...

WITS, i would do terrible terrible things to hear some more stones covers....i bet JK could nail Sympathy or Gimme Shelter or play my two favorite Let's Spend the Night Together (could have sworn i was hearing this in Hampton around UJB) or Sweet Virginia..Exile is on of my favorite albums of all time

You were raised well kemo sawbe.

Dead Flowers>Let It Bleed > Spider & the Fly> Monkey Man>Gimme Shelter with Joan wouldn't suck
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#87346 2 years, 5 months ago
Dear Prudence is one of my favorite JGB covers, I consider it a rockin tune with a great exploratory part. I love most of the Beatles covers, my least favorite is Come Together

m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&.../watch?v=xW0FEaxTf3c
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#87369 2 years, 5 months ago
So....I guess you wouldn't want them to play Sgt. Peppers?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#87417 2 years, 5 months ago
WITS though you inspired this post it is in no way a personal attack on you so keep a cool head.

Older people make a large amount of assumption about just about everybody on this board and run with it. But I'm pretty tired of you and a handful of other people constantly playing the age card...it is getting really old. no pun intended.

But seriously there are just as many people you're age who like shitty music and didn't listen to the Beatles or other "good" music either. There are a large number of young people who did grow up listening to the same music that you consider worthy of your praise. But then younger people have the opportunity to listen an even wider array of music because they had parents you're age and yet they are still younger and open to new and exposed to this new music.

I like all music as long as it is played well with conviction and passion and I am somehow able to relate to the feelings or thoughts it conjures in my head. It truly is the language of life and can bring people from all over the world together.

I understand that you have had forming and memorable experiences in life linked with your favorite music. I feel like this is part of the human experience and not a unique part of your life which you can hold over other peoples heads because they are younger than you. Really we are all human beings who never stop growing and experiencing til the day you die there are always people older and always people younger and every person on this planet will hopefully experience the full spectrum of a human lifetime.

Stop belittling and demeaning younger people than you because you are older, its very unbecoming of people who want to call themselves deadheads and desire be role models for younger people as they get older. No wonder negative opinion and action are passed on from generation to generation.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#87419 2 years, 5 months ago
I can dig a Beatles song from time to time but would love to hear em play some more Floyd maybe anything from Animals. And Led Zeppelin, oh man Russo tears those drums apart on on Fool In The Rain!
Jimmy Cliff - Oh Fuck Yeah!
Maybe a Redemption Song
Stones fer sure, especially Sympathy and especially some more NFA (with longer Aud participation)
Bob Dylan- Stuck inside of Mobile, Joey, Times They are A Changin would fit nicely
Clash- do it again on NYE Bobby! Joe Strummer was a huge Dead fan!
And lastly I would kill someones mother to hear some more Band songs in the mix, Chest Fever, Makes no Difference, Ferdinand, KING HARVEST (especially during a fall run), damn i love The Band so wish I gotta see em Rick Danko was the shit!!!
oh yeah anything from Quicksilver or Cippolina solo would do just fine by me:cheer:
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#87429 2 years, 5 months ago
Russo can play pretty much the whole LED ZEP Catalog...he is a drummer in the band Bustle in your Hedgerow....they play in Brooklyn a lot.

Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by devtmm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds