• Topics not covered in other forums.
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

Re: Further Bethel Woods July

#8989 3 years ago
Bzerk 2 wrote:
Colorado Greg wrote:
irishqueenie wrote:
Seriously??? Gelston SUCKED!!!! forget the show- the grounds were a fucking mess! the drive in was god awful!!! the ride out had a nice police trap !!!! the parking field was not cut well- that is not even mentioning the kids they had trying to park people and the morons on the 4 wheelers PRETENDING to be security!! i have been to many shows -- to date- Gelston was the worst! i will never go there again!
they wouldn't do 3 shows there! so whoever told you that is full of shit!

Thanks for the insights. Almost mailed for that show just because the venue seemed fairly, shall we say unusual, but I really don't like the sounds of limited access and police hassles. Saw the other woodstock in 94, at Bethel (Max's farm) had a good time back then, but that was pretty low key and more underground. They built an amphitheater up there now, is that correct? And is it on the site of Yasgers farm or just close by? Baked potatoes have questions

Bethel Woods is on the same grounds as the old Yasgers farm. It is not in the exact location but it is close. Woodstock 94 was not held in Bethel it was in held in Saugerties NY and it was far from low key. I was there ,Woodstock 99 was in Rome NY and we all know how that worked out I was also there. The problems with 94 & 99 were the greed factor. When your charging $ 5.00 for warter in the middle of the summer and the port o johns turn into cesspools your going to have problems. Treat people like animals they are going to act like animals!!!
When they did in the 40th Woodstock Anniversary show in Bethel Woods it was awsome. Big Brother opened the show and was the best band of the day. The grounds and venue are one of the nicest around. They don't need 3 Phish shows there they need 3 FURTHUR shows there.

They had one at the same time in 94, you probably didn't hear about it b/c pepsi didnt sponsor it! But Sid Bernstein and Richie Havens organized it, very cool and low key for sure
Light up or leave me alone!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Colorado Greg.
bbt41
Fresh Boarder

Re: Further Bethel Woods July

#9103 3 years ago
Colorado Greg wrote:
Bzerk 2 wrote:
Colorado Greg wrote:
irishqueenie wrote:
Seriously??? Gelston SUCKED!!!! forget the show- the grounds were a fucking mess! the drive in was god awful!!! the ride out had a nice police trap !!!! the parking field was not cut well- that is not even mentioning the kids they had trying to park people and the morons on the 4 wheelers PRETENDING to be security!! i have been to many shows -- to date- Gelston was the worst! i will never go there again!
they wouldn't do 3 shows there! so whoever told you that is full of shit!

Thanks for the insights. Almost mailed for that show just because the venue seemed fairly, shall we say unusual, but I really don't like the sounds of limited access and police hassles. Saw the other woodstock in 94, at Bethel (Max's farm) had a good time back then, but that was pretty low key and more underground. They built an amphitheater up there now, is that correct? And is it on the site of Yasgers farm or just close by? Baked potatoes have questions

Bethel Woods is on the same grounds as the old Yasgers farm. It is not in the exact location but it is close. Woodstock 94 was not held in Bethel it was in held in Saugerties NY and it was far from low key. I was there ,Woodstock 99 was in Rome NY and we all know how that worked out I was also there. The problems with 94 & 99 were the greed factor. When your charging $ 5.00 for warter in the middle of the summer and the port o johns turn into cesspools your going to have problems. Treat people like animals they are going to act like animals!!!
When they did in the 40th Woodstock Anniversary show in Bethel Woods it was awsome. Big Brother opened the show and was the best band of the day. The grounds and venue are one of the nicest around. They don't need 3 Phish shows there they need 3 FURTHUR shows there.

They had one at the same time in 94, you probably didn't hear about it b/c pepsi didnt sponsor it! But Sid Bernstein and Richie Havens organized it, very cool and low key for sure

Being a Bethel resident at the time and only 7 years old I got to experience and remember it all to well. I was fortunate enough to have a backstage pass for Bethel '94.
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds