• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

MY FRONT ROW REVIEW OF 11-11-11 (syracuse ny)

#85935 2 years, 8 months ago
well i will start off by saying that i have had 2nd row seats for bethel and cmac this summer and both were great shows but not so great when it comes to people trying to take seats or scoop our space!! all you who know me know i am a shorty - 5'2 & 1/2 so i can honestly say this is the FIRST TIME no one was in front of me!!!!
It was Fucking Awesome!! we just made it to our seats for Alligator (had to stop and say hey to Chester and MM) i was dead nuts center seats 5 & 6 of the front row!!!
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150352...52d3b9c0&theater
thanks dylan!
of the first set Brown eyed women>Jack Straw>Revolution was just friggin amazing- i loved being able to see bobby and phil in the interaction between all of them - very cool- i dont think i have seen phil smile so much in a long time! now maybe it was because i was right in the middle but the i couldn't stop watching russo! just no words for that! i couldn't see sunshine from where i was - she was right behind jk
at set break i barely had time to fight my way to the bathroom and get back to my seat and we were off again...
second set was good but spacey and trippy and did get a bit distracted during dear mr. fantasy and couldnt stop watching the back stage happenings (thats my add)
Darkstar was a surprise and i thought for sure they would go into the Eleven- but no! wtf? they have to play it - i looked at hubby and said ENCORE (he said no) we all know now who was right!!!!!Sugaree was just smokin' and truely made my nite!!GDTRFB was well played and lots of fun and had us whipped right into a frenzy- then phil and donner rap- they came back out-and here comes the eleven -- i knew it!!! great job and lots of smiles and looks shared between the guys. the mini whipping post was a nice little tidbit- loved usblues (another song i called the day the show was announced) then they put the lights on the flags on each side of the stage and did the star spangled banner! every one was singing it and i had goosebumps- very moving!
LOVED the show- there were a few minor goofs - one or two from bobby- with funny looks from phil and jk-i so enjoyed it and am ever so grateful to GDTST for the awesome seats - you made this hippy very very happy!!!!!!!
now to the staff at the venue - you really need to get your shit together- getting in was fucking aweful- and security has to actually check the fucking tickets and not let anybody down to check it out!!!!! i also couldnt believe how much nitrous was all over the lot- it is a shame- although i did see some 2 for 5 -but was told it was mediocer at best.
mm and chester and doin that rag- it was great to see you all!!! (i heard i almost got to meet lewis)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , DancingBear, doin_that_rag, Bakes
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: MY FRONT ROW REVIEW OF 11-11-11 (syracuse ny)

#85939 2 years, 8 months ago
Great review! I had front row one time, it was shoreline with Jerry. Thank you
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder

#85940 2 years, 8 months ago
no problem- i have pics but have to get them on here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#85970 2 years, 8 months ago
We got the first set stream.... I agree that BEW > JS > Revolution was some good home cooking. Seemed to pick up about midway into Loser which was uneven at start but great JK shredding at the end.

That photo is great. Packed place and you could tell crowd was into it on the stream.
gratefuldawgg
Fresh Boarder

#86048 2 years, 8 months ago
Awesome review...I was there too, couldn't agree more about the security getting in. I've never seen anything like that, I luckily made it in just in time to catch Alligator. The Sugaree was just incredible, not to mention a Reuben & Cerise in that first set...thanks for the review!
"Who can stop what must arrive now? Something new is waiting to be born.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#86050 2 years, 8 months ago
great review! and nice to meet you guys in Vegas.
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
The following user(s) said Thank You: irishqueenie
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#86056 2 years, 8 months ago
I loved the show as well, it really blew my mind. Sorry you had a bad time with gettin in....I feel i should apologise for the venue since you came to my home town. (its my home town but i havent lived there for 20 years, i live 45 miles away) I was there but we went in early....like an hour early. I haven't been to the 'cuse since I saw JK with DSO perform at the westcott theater in '09. THAT was a hot show as well. Glad you had a fab time. Glad I'm not the only one who thought the show was just off the charts.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder

#86311 2 years, 8 months ago
dancingbear- dont sweat it - we live in oswego- this is like our playground- been to more shows than i can count at this venue- this was a bad time getting in- they need to get there shit together!!!
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#86447 2 years, 8 months ago
getting in was stressful but its all okay once you get in and find you're just in time..BEW>JS was incredible and i really enjoyed the alligator with what sounded like a mountain jam tease and then what i could've sworn was a transition into gloria (turns out i was wrong my ears deceived me a few times cause i thought i heard the eleven coming on a few times in the 2nd set) i enjoyed the 1st set a lot (first time making it on the floor at non GA show)...overall my favorite part was KSM>Sugaree, but the whole show especially the 2nd set and encore was incredible

it was nice to meet some boarders: MM, Chester, Wlewis (again thank you for letting me store my bag in your car) , and of course Irishqueenie (and thank you so much for the ride to the airport!) hope to see everyone out again
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#86464 2 years, 8 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
dancingbear- dont sweat it - we live in oswego- this is like our playground- been to more shows than i can count at this venue- this was a bad time getting in- they need to get there shit together!!!

OHHH OK .....so you're used to the Head-in-ass thinkin' which can be typical CNY.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds