MERLE HAGGARD

WHAT!!!

COME ON BOYS, PONY UP

The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: Where's the country songs?

#86073 2 years, 8 months ago
I like the country tunes, too. I like to dance through the whole show, so those are always guaranteed to get you moving. I noticed while on tour that one of the secrets of the wild popularity of the the Dead was that they played to their audience. I noticed that in the mid west and west we got a lot more country tunes. (Midwest Deadheads are the most hardcore of all heads: gap toothed grins and moonshine and tie-dyed overalls and all...) Maybe they're saving 'em for later on in the tour.

I felt that being on tour was the best way to see America. You get to go to all these cool places, and when you get there, all your friends are there too! It don't get any more special than that!

Sometimes I like to sing, and oddly enough the only Dead song I know all the lyrics to, off the top of my head, is Me and My Uncle. I learned it from a David Gans show where he played songs the Dead do, but by others, and this guy played it real slow on an acoustic guitar, and he refered to it as a spade cowboy song. I'm not sure who he was or where he got that, because I recently learned it was supposedly written by John Phillips while he was really drunk. Oddly enough, John Phillips himself claimed he did not write the song, but he couldn't remember where he learned it. Maybe he channeled a Buffalo Soldier. I have been meaning to contact David to see if he remembers the cut I'm talking about, and who that was playing the song. Anyway, I love that version, and I learned it off real quick, and it stuck. I never liked it much until I heard this other version. I'd love to hear a JackARow, too. And of course I'm still wanting the Monkey and the Engineer.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Daisy Mae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#86135 2 years, 8 months ago
I like Mexicali a lot. My guess is its Phil that doesn't want to play them. Bob always liked them so its probably not him.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#86205 2 years, 8 months ago
I concur on the country
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#86437 2 years, 8 months ago
Well we got a dire wolf tnight that was good