• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

Well, it was a long, long crazy, crazy night

#85866 2 years, 10 months ago
I've been told this story made Good Morning America:

UNCW Gunman

I just got home from work and its now almost 8 AM...no, i didn't work til 8 i was trapped at work because right at midnight i was informed by my college, UNCW, and my roommates there was a gunman on campus...at first i didn't think much of it our campus is fairly large and i live off campus, well more like the edge of campus..

Before i left for home i decided to check out everything just to be sure, turns out the guy held up 4 people at gunpoint at the Hardees down the street...to put it in perspective i could toss a baseball and hit Hardees...so i sat and i sat all the while checking my email and the school alerts for an update, but nothing ever came of it they didn't find the guy and they had multiple helicopters and they had the campus police, wilmington police, and wrightsville beach police all working to find this armed gunman but to no avail...

The gunman was last seen in the bushes of a parking lot on campus...to put it in perspective my backyard is on the cusp of the parking lot he was at one point in...the disturbing part is that at 5 AM without finding the guy, the campus lockdown was lifted...Are you serious? On top of that classes were not cancelled for the morning (this is coming from someone who has one 3 PM class today so i gain nothing by morning classes being cancelled)...we had class during Hurricane Irene and now this...I'm paying real good money to get an education and for all our school knows there is a gunman loose on campus and they are letting people walk around freely right now

Is this really what the world is coming to? Is 4 hours of class worth someone getting hurt? What happened to common sense?

Sorry for my rant, i know its off topic but i feel like this is extremely fucked up and that people should hear about this
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Paris Hilton
Visitor

Re: Well, it was a long, long crazy, crazy night

#85976 2 years, 10 months ago
That's hot.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#85978 2 years, 10 months ago
Welcome to the board Paris....Doin_that_rag, I understand the situation is disturbing but in cities across the country there are stick ups, car jackings, armed robberies etc happening every day around the clock. This is the world we live in now a days. Stay safe man!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#85982 2 years, 10 months ago
Man oh man, I am so sorry to hear about this. I can't believe your school is so ignorant. I am happy to hear that no one was injured so far. I hope they are working around the clock to find this guy and lock his ass up. I also pray you stay safe and keep an eye out for danger. Bless you and your fellow students and faculty. Thanks for sharing this info with us.

Casey
Hang your heart on laughing willow,
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
Paris Hilton
Visitor

#85987 2 years, 10 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
Welcome to the board Paris....

Thanks a lot!
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#85991 2 years, 10 months ago
I would skip school for safety sake and hide out in Albany ny for the day. I'm sue you could find something to do there.
Keep you head low today. Stay safe.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds