• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
HeatherB
Junior Boarder
Inspiration move me brightly

Re: A simple photo with my musical heros.

#86468 2 years, 5 months ago
>>"If I were jeff and a dead head with a furthur shirt walked by and didn't say anything I would be discouraged. I would say "what I'm not Bobby or phil, can't say what's up" I would of went up shook his hand and said thank you you are great, peace"<<

I know! My husband was thinking that we shouldn't annoy him and just let him have a minute to himself but, from his standpoint, it probably seemed like we couldn't care less who he was. I'd actually rather talk to him than Bobby or Phil.
So, Jeff C, if you're reading this, my apologies. I think you're fantastic!

The moral of the story is: If you have a chance to say hi to one of your 'musical heroes', without being obnoxious or annoying, do it because you might not get another chance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#86473 2 years, 5 months ago
I ended up about five feet from Phil and Jill after msg while they were waiting for their car. I said thanks to Phil but nothing more. ( he smiled and said your welcome). He looks really good in person. When I get home from Albany I'm gonna figure out how to get the pic off my cellphone.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
cosmic_sethy
Fresh Boarder

#86483 2 years, 5 months ago
Thanks for sharing everybody! Love the pics.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#86932 2 years, 5 months ago
Here's a pic of when I met Jerry in the parking lot at Epcot Center before the Orlando show in '94. I got to talk to him for a minute and then he shook my hand. A few nights later in Miami would be my last show.

jerry.JPG

Check out the sound check of Comes a Time from Miami '94

www.archive.org/details/gd1994-04-06.snc....koucky.91351.flac16
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, fourwnds, wlewis, scar1et_f1re, 23atwell, kendallism913
Chester
More or less in line

#86955 2 years, 5 months ago
Island Head, that's awesome!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#86969 2 years, 5 months ago
Yeah that really is awesome.

Man I would loved to have chatted with Jerry.

I would have loved to have been up front for a GD show, too... like atwell said he was for a show with Jerry. I never made it upfront until Furthur.. more economically stable for me now

Would be so cool to get a pic with any/all of the Furthur folks, but especially with Phil/Bobby. Would love to tell them thanks for how much they have done to define music in the world, and for many many good times now and forever!!!!

I think someone suggested before... they should do a forum promo event
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#86980 2 years, 5 months ago
At one of the Eugene shows a friend of mine hooked me up to spend time in the back and it was pretty cool. Before the show he brought me back to show me around and we crossed paths with Joe, my friend left me with him and as while i was trying to think of pertinent things to say Phil walks out of a yurt there comes up and Joe introduces me to him as if we were old friends, all very mellow. Phil was totally mellow, very pleasent, asked me a little about myself, I commented about the great sound. I so wanted a picture off my iPhone I had with me, but refrained as I was on a guest pass and did not wish to be a goober. He shortly walked off and my friend came out of the trailer and continued to show me around.

After the show I was allowed back and hung with all except Phil and Bob. We were standing around and sitting on plastic chairs after the show having a beer,. About four of us and Joe, Jeff, John, Jeff and sunshine. I was sort of in shock having beers and whatnot....... With them, they were all just very pleasent, humble and just nice folks in this short picture of time.
Then who walks up but mountain girl (Jerry's first wife). I tried not to be goobery, shook her hand as John introduced me to her, i was sort of dumbstruck standing there between her and jk, she and John chatted and I was struck by the sense of love and embracing of carrying the torch of Jerry's work that she recognized. I was pretty moved hearing them speak. Once again I really would loved a picture but it seemed so inappropriate. It was quite the evening as a humble fan of their music.

J
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Jasper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#87023 2 years, 5 months ago
Chester wrote:
Island Head, that's awesome!

My friends and I were entering Epcot as Jerry and his wife just happened to be leaving and getting into their car. I walked up to the car and Jerry rolled down the window and said Hi. I told him how much I loved going to shows and that I couldn't wait to see the shows in Miami. It was ironic that I was in Orlando to go to Disney and Epcot and not to see the Dead and then I run into Jerry. I was kinda glad I didn't go to the show in Orlando as that was the famous Tear Gas Show
Here's one of the shows I went to in Miami, also has the soundcheck at the end.

www.archive.org/details/gd94-04-06.set1-...er.28358.sbeok.flacf
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Island Head.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#87034 2 years, 5 months ago
You guys if you can get the chance to meet one of them I think it's ok to ask for a picture. I think they know how obsessed we are and how much we love them. It's the ultimate sounivner to bring home and they know that. I put myself in there position and I would be more than glad to take picture cause these are my fans that been coming for almost 50 years.

I think Mickey is doing a autograph think in Oakland at his next show here. You have to pay more I believe. I would like to take my djumbee and him sign it but I'm not sure I'm going yet. Pluse I can't afford the VIP right now.

Island head you one lucky man.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#87243 2 years, 5 months ago
yes I wish I had, yet it's clear in my minds eye which is what I carry daily….eh?

I grabbed a pic and short vid of my iPhone when they let me on stage for about 30 min of the second set, sat there with Robin Sylvester pretty fun it was…..

Hope to have the chance again next time they are up thru the Northwest

not much of a picture

J
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Jasper.
Time to create page: 0.88 seconds