• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
cosmic_sethy
Fresh Boarder

A simple photo with my musical heros.

#85717 2 years, 9 months ago
I feel kinda cheesy posting this, but what the hell. I fly rich people around for a living and could'nt care less about "celebrity" or photo ops. But a picture with Phil, Bob and any or all of the band would be a family treasure for my wife and I. It can't be that hard can it? I just have no idea how to attempt it. Thoughts?? I had an overnight in Teterboro and missed MSG by one stinkin' day but can't wait for Columbus and the intimate Murat in INDY!!!

The closest I ever got was the Omni in the nineties, but unfortunately I got suspended in highschool and my parents pulled the no tour card.....at least my tics went to my brother and he subsequently got backstage passes!!
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

Re: A simple photo with my musical heros.

#85722 2 years, 9 months ago
Stay at expensive hotel and go outside to smoke by their busses. Worked for me.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#85723 2 years, 9 months ago
If you book early enough said expensive hotel it should be dirt cheap if you book 3 and a half stars blind on hotwire , in the city the show is in the moment they announce the tour and before tix go on sale. Pic above , Westin in CBus @56 bucks a night
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#85725 2 years, 9 months ago
Aww MsJimp!!! I'm so jealous and excited! Jeff is one of my favorites!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#85727 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm right there with you. There's no one I would ask to have there picture taken with me except the boys. I would love that.

Sometimes I want to go to mill valley and hangout just to hope to see Bobby. I deserve a picture with all the dedication I have put in, I'm sure a lot of others here do to. I hope one day I can get a picture with one of them.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#85732 2 years, 9 months ago
Had friends who were paying 100 a night at the roof LOL , silly silly people . They were afraid they were not going to like what they got if they booked blind so paid fill price for red roof. These folks no longer make that mistake. Westin>red roof.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#85741 2 years, 9 months ago
I got my chance to meet John in NYC in 2010 after RCMH at an after party at Sullivan Hall. He was very cordial and aproachable.
417.JPG

I also got to see Phil at the Ritz Carlton in Denver just as the elevator doors were closing so I didn't get a chance to say hello

wow thats a big picture!
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by funky420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#85755 2 years, 9 months ago
I have met that guy before ^
HeatherB
Junior Boarder
Inspiration move me brightly

#86018 2 years, 9 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Aww MsJimp!!! I'm so jealous and excited! Jeff is one of my favorites!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Me, too! Good for you Ms. Jimp.

I saw Jeff about a year ago, same circumstances. Outside a hotel (not too expensive, a Radisson I think near the venue) near the bus. My husband and I are walking right by. I'm wearing my Furthur T. I'm dying to tell him how great I think he is but my husband quitely insists that I not bother him. He looks at us. We look at him and keep walking. Still so annoyed that I listened to my husband. He may never hear the end of that. On top of it all, it probably seemed like we totally dissed him or were too stupid to know he was in the band!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#86032 2 years, 9 months ago
HeatherB wrote:
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

Me, too! Good for you Ms. Jimp.

I saw Jeff about a year ago, same circumstances. Outside a hotel (not too expensive, a Radisson I think near the venue) near the bus. My husband and I are walking right by. I'm wearing my Furthur T. I'm dying to tell him how great I think he is but my husband quitely insists that I not bother him. He looks at us. We look at him and keep walking. Still so annoyed that I listened to my husband. He may never hear the end of that. On top of it all, it probably seemed like we totally dissed him or were too stupid to know he was in the band!

If I were jeff and a dead head with a furthur shirt walked by and didn't say anything I would be discouraged. I would say "what I'm not Bobby or phil, can't say what's up" I would of went up shook his hand and said thank you you are great, peace
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds