• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: Disturbing GDTS TOO News-- and a request

#85634 2 years, 11 months ago
Wow, the mailman just this instant dropped off mine for the two nights before. I'm actually shaking, I'm so nervous. It's always like this for me until I have tickets in hand. Crazy that this should mean so much to all of us, huh?
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, deadontherivet
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#85635 2 years, 11 months ago
Awesome glad u got ur tix!!!!
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#85637 2 years, 11 months ago
I got my money order back for the 30th from GDTSTOO which I expected as I emailed them and said I did not need the tickets as already got them on-line.

But no tickets or money order returned for NYE yet. I do already have tickets but I was hoping to share the wealth plus I want a commemorative ticket.

I just think it is odd that both envelopes did not arrive on the same day. Maybe it is a positive sign? Maybe they send out rejections before actual tickets?
Did anyone get mail order NYE tix yet?
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#85649 2 years, 11 months ago
It may be too soon to accurately guess, but in a few days, if you haven't gotten your MO back, and others have, I would say it is fairly likely that you will get your tickets. This is what happened to us last year. I sweated until it became clear I'd get no MO back, in which case I figured my tickets would come. And they did, but not until the 1st week of December. (I still have the envelope, you know, just for reference, you know. Right.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#85654 2 years, 11 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
I(I still have the envelope, you know, just for reference, you know. Right.)

Oh yea, I know!

Like I said, we are in no matter what but I wanted the special ticket as it is a special year -- 20th anniversary of meeting my sweetie-turned-husband during Sugar Magnolia on NYE 1991. Corny as it sounds, by the time Knockin' On Heaven's Door was over, we knew it was a good thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#85660 2 years, 11 months ago
I think it's beautiful. Congratulations! Maybe you can find someone inside the show willing to trade if your's don't come.
bdog
Junior Boarder

#85695 2 years, 11 months ago
that said....
In "the good ol' days" The Dead did their primary ticketing in house.... prior to onsale thru tixbastard etc. You knew if you had tix before sale date. Today they are allotted a scant amount , thru the major agencies, and you just don't know. They have treated me great thru the yrs. I was a hardcore supported of GDTS but don't use them anymore because of the not knowing if you got tix. I hate to say it but good ol' mail order has become obsolete. It surprises me they haven't revamped into something along the lines of frontgate. It would certainly seem to make sense. Gone are the days........
www.kimocklist.net DJA 3/21/42-3/19/11
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#85805 2 years, 11 months ago
I always scored with the Mail Order but this past MSG show was the first time I got shut out. It seems like the scalpers some how, some way, got a to of tickets that the 'real fans' should have gotten through GDTSOO.

I hope GDTSTOO figures out how to avoid that in 2012.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#85813 2 years, 11 months ago
I think GDTSTOO just gets a really low allotment of tickets overall -- 40% of NYE orderers get tickets??? That is just sadly pathetic.
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#85871 2 years, 11 months ago
WITS, check your PM & let me know
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walk in the Sunshine
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds