• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Disturbing GDTS TOO News-- and a request

#85563 2 years, 5 months ago
Just got back from the mailbox.... rejected for NYE shows... thank god I got tickets through other avenues.. Mail ordering since 1987 without a hitch. Calico AKA Ruby took care of business..since she's gone it has never been the same. I'm not whining for myself we'll be there.... it just sux that I had other people counting on me that I have to let down. LONG time heads. So much for loyalty meaning anything... I never even got rejected by the GODDAMN GRATEFUL DEAD! I understand that they don't control the number of tix they get... I just think the scalpers are barging in to what was once the coolest ticketing system on the planet.. if you kept up with info and mailed the first day it was all but gtd. Anyway if there is an extra NYE ticket out there my good friend stranger in boulder needs one. The best host ever for the red rocks shows and he's been seeing the band since 1978. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Disturbing GDTS TOO News-- and a request

#85565 2 years, 5 months ago
that sucks i think all tickets should besoldvia the GDTS sytem only with web added for lettingyou know within a week if you got them or not thenand only then any remaining tickets go onsaleto the general public.... a man can dream
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, mbckic
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#85580 2 years, 5 months ago
I was going to try to get NYE tickets through GDTS (for the special printed tix) but I didn't want the hassle.

I seriously doubt that serious scalpers use GDTS- they don't know if they have the tixs, what seats, etc until close to the day.

If anything, we should be demanding more tix allotments. But this ticket selling is very big business and Furthur is just small fish. I've read stories where big staduim playing bands couldn't get something like their own GDTS set up.... you think Ticketmaster is going to sit idly by while bands come up with their own way of sellign tickets and side-stepping the monster Ticketmaster and Live Nation?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#85589 2 years, 5 months ago
OK folks, who's got a NYE ticket for Stranger?? Come on, someone out there has that one extra! You know this thread is just going to keep getting bumped for the next two months until one turns up, so you might as well make it easy and speak up now. Please? Lots of good karma in it for you! Really, it's for a very good, if occasionally cheesy, cause!!

((((((NYE TICKET))))))
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#85607 2 years, 5 months ago
Thanks Sue!! We gotta get that old man to the show I'm sure the karma gods will smile !
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#85608 2 years, 5 months ago
i've also found GDTS TOO a bit difficult to deal with, so i try to avoid them. mail order used to be a very cool option, but now with the internet pre-sales via GDTS TOO i don't see any need to use the old fashioned mail order method.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#85615 2 years, 5 months ago
I don't want to promote the scalpers but stubhub has a ton sitting there for $123. If I was going to pull the trigger on one I'd do it quick because they will get rediculous close to showtime.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#85623 2 years, 5 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
I don't want to promote the scalpers but stubhub has a ton sitting there for $123. If I was going to pull the trigger on one I'd do it quick because they will get rediculous close to showtime.
nuts to that dont buy from them and come showtime theyll be 1/2 price wait a few songs into the show and get em for 10 bucks DONT BUY FROM SCALPERS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, amusingdeva
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#85625 2 years, 5 months ago
Yeah I've never done it as well. How hard are new years tix? I got shut out at phish UIC this year. First time ever.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#85632 2 years, 5 months ago
Wow, just reading your story has me breaking out in a nervous sweat. I sweated it out last year too, it was nerve racking. I know the ticket office has a finite allotment. I think Ticketbastard has got the band by the balls, so to speak. I think the band would allot more to the office if they could, but are probably limited by contractual obligations. They get a package deal, so to speak, from Ticketbastard, to purvey their tickets. I think scalpers bought up many of the general release ticket master tickets. Therefore, I think there will be a quantity of tickets on the ground available for little more than face, and even less after the show begins. It's hard to plan if you're coming from far away, I recommend scoping out the ticket scene by monitoring Craig's List and other outlets and seeing how many are available at resale. That should let you know the likelihood of getting tickets on the ground for face value. There may also be day of show tickets released at the box office, but I'm not sure about that one. The other two shows are not sold out yet. Personally speaking, the last three years I have had more fun at the before shows than on NYE, anyway. The two before are going to be filled with sweet family and many will get in on those two nights that may be shut out for NYE. It's a more mellow vibe from the crowd, and the music is just as hot!
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds