• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Natorious
Junior Boarder

Re: LOSE THE BACK UP SINGERS

#8602 3 years, 3 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
If they drop Sunshine and Jeff they'd better get another Keyboard player while their at it.
they will need someone to do the high end part's like Brent did

That's ridiculous. The keyboard player isn't going anywhere. You must have grabbed that out of thin air. You must have typed that on the wrong thread
FickleHillRoad
Fresh Boarder

#8608 3 years, 3 months ago
Keep Jeff and Sunshine.
In fact, pull a song or two from Jeff's Box Set catalogue and let him lead. He would blow away the audience. I can think of several of his songs that would fit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#8610 3 years, 3 months ago
i haven't really heard the back up singers to much.........they need to turn bobby's mic up.......some how the sound needs to be carried to the back top of the venues....the sound isn't heavy up there.......Jk's allright.....he needs a push with back ups......some more force, give the songs strength again.... he seems kinda shy and soft......which is nice.......I think Phil likes a girls up there....Joan and Susan..........
FURTHUR FOREVER......LONG LIVE THE DEAD
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#8633 3 years, 3 months ago
"she did Sunrise at RCMH Sunday night you goofballs " you goofball that wasn't sunshine who sang sunrise...no no no
friki
Fresh Boarder

#8649 3 years, 3 months ago
Just to weigh in, I think the the singers fill in the sound nicely.

Phil sings well (I think) on the things he sings, but benefits from the background fill. So does Bob. I personally think that part of the reason these guys like this band is that the vocals are distributed. Let's face it, they are not 20, 30, or 40, and have spent- especially Bob - decades fronting vocals. Having some harmony behind them is both a nice touch musically and probably makes for a more gentle evening for them (and thus for US).

Not all change is good, but a lot of it actually IS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gratefulpanda
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#8651 3 years, 3 months ago
I really like the back-up singers. I have a disc of GD songs done by Reggae artists, and I think it's Marcia Ball that does Row Jimmy so very beautifully. I'd like to hear Sunshine sing that one, reggae style. And I'm always down for some Motown!
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#8656 3 years, 3 months ago
That version of Row Jimmy is great, I have that Cd and wouldn't mind hearing the boys give that sound a try..a little dub jam here and there, too, perhaps..I always wondered why they don't do tunes by the other Bob....Marley...seems like a fit for them in world view, political stance..tunes like So Much Trouble or Get up Stand Up are right there with the Motown stuff like the mentioned Whats Goin On? in the true GD Speedway Boogie, Morning Dew, Throwing Stones tradition.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by sjfgreenman.
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#8664 3 years, 3 months ago
If you get a chance to listen to Time from the Fox show, get back to me and tell me you think Furthur doesn't benefit from some singing backup. Jeff and Sunshine ROCKED it. Shoulda sung the Breathe reprise too, just saying......

Jeff and Sunshine, I love you both!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Colorado Greg
Chester
More or less in line

#8666 3 years, 3 months ago
Right on Scarlet Fire. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
sam2448
Junior Boarder

#8667 3 years, 3 months ago
ScarletFire wrote:
If you get a chance to listen to Time from the Fox show, get back to me and tell me you think Furthur doesn't benefit from some singing backup. Jeff and Sunshine ROCKED it. Shoulda sung the Breathe reprise too, just saying......

Jeff and Sunshine, I love you both!

yeah they fucking nailed eclipse too, and it's hard to imagine furthur even tackling abbey road without them. they've really started to mesh and fit in way better than last summer.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#8682 3 years, 3 months ago
The Beatles covers wouldn't work without the backup vocals
Because is a good example
Candyman from Fairfax VA is another song they rocked
their addition pretty much stopped all the controversy over who sings what that surrounded early furthur
In some ways I think it was a shortcut
and sometimes I think the harmonies muddle the vocals, there is to much going on
there is no way furthur should ditch them, just figure out how to best use them
and get the best fucking sound guy working the best fucking sound system on the fucking planet
whooooo... cant wait for summer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScarletFire
redial2
Fresh Boarder

#8684 3 years, 3 months ago
I would love to hear Sunshine sing Magnolia Mountain or Althea.
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds