• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: LOSE THE BACK UP SINGERS

#8855 3 years, 3 months ago
She did not sing sunrise at RCMH that was teresa wiliams
The voices tell me what to say
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#8857 3 years, 3 months ago
Jack_Straw wrote:
I love Janis Soprano and the other guy!!!
ithought it was just me that thought she looked like her too funny
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack_Straw
Natorious
Junior Boarder

#8861 3 years, 3 months ago
Half of these people are getting the woman backup mixed up with Teresa Williams. Next thing you know, I'll have people thinking Warren Haynes is the guy backup. To the Greatest Story Ever Told, not trying to be negative. You put my musical appreciation/abilities in question, I had to stick up for myself. You are ok in my book if you like Furthur. Truce. I have seen Furthur twice and that's all the reference I need. I've seen "The Dead" twice too and many variations of Rat-Dog, Phil and Friends(6 different line ups), Serial-Pod, Phil Trey Superjam Bonnaroo, and many other projects. I'm just not big on back ups.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#8884 3 years, 3 months ago
I hadn't even been aware they had backup singers at the Santa Barbara show because I was in the Phil corner and couldn't see much. It wasn't until Attics came that I was like "that is not fromthe boys, they are in key..." From that point on I was sold on the back ups....
decree
Junior Boarder

#8889 3 years, 3 months ago
Natorious wrote:
I know I'll probably catch fire from you all but it's just my opinion. I made this thread bc a lot of people in the lot at the Fox were talking about how much the back up singers (especially the female) clash with Bobby, Phil and JK's voices. She sings really loud and she's no Donna Jean. This is just my opinion but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks about them. Do they really need them?

100% disagree. Love Jeff and Sunshine. Bob and Phil, bless them, and I bet they would admit it, don't have the pipes they used to, and the singers fill a significant need in the band. I would like to see John sing some more, but otherwise, LOVE LOVE LOVE the backup singers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
Grateful_Bear
Fresh Boarder

#8898 3 years, 3 months ago
I love Jeff and Sunshine. We all love Furthur. The music never stops!
OneSolid
Fresh Boarder

Re: ***KEEP*** THE BACK UP SINGERS

#8903 3 years, 3 months ago
Bobby and Phil's singing has gotten much stronger over the past couple years IMO, but Jeff and Sunshine add a new depth to the vocals. I've never found them to be over powering at all, but they just give the vocal sound a thickness that helps take the music to new places. This past tour has been smokin hot, which is due to the whole band really playing comfortably together and getting to know each other's style. Already getting excited for the summer.
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

Re: ***KEEP*** THE BACK UP SINGERS

#8932 3 years, 3 months ago
Nice thread... Gotta concur with the masses. Also my thought was that the Furthur singers kind of make me think of JGB with back up singers, although that was a bit different I guess. Plus I remember when Bob and Phil sang the National Anthem at the Giants game last year they took along Jeff... just saying
Light up or leave me alone!
carlspackler
Fresh Boarder

#9058 3 years, 3 months ago
Natorious wrote:
I know I'll probably catch fire from you all but it's just my opinion. I made this thread bc a lot of people in the lot at the Fox were talking about how much the back up singers (especially the female) clash with Bobby, Phil and JK's voices. She sings really loud and she's no Donna Jean. This is just my opinion but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks about them. Do they really need them?

Natorious:

You are now on the list and lot Phamily is in the process of a) pulling your wings if you have them or b) removing you from the scrolls of those being considered for wings in the future. Please refrain from these postings as any furthur words such as these may result in lot justice from the "wrecking crew". FYI.
Lynx
Visitor

#9062 3 years, 3 months ago
nevermind
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by .
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds