• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: LOSE THE BACK UP SINGERS

#8585 3 years, 4 months ago
oh woops i guess I should of refreshed the page before I posted, I'm only like the 5th one....
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#8592 3 years, 4 months ago
I love the back up singers. I thin they add a dimension to the vocals that most post-GD bands lacked. Lets face it, Phils vocals are rough, Bobbys are killer at times, and JKs prob got the best. I think the singers really allow harmonies and what not to occur.

Now, if they wrent there, I still thinkl the music would rock, but there be something missing from the vocals.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#8593 3 years, 4 months ago
If they drop Sunshine and Jeff they'd better get another Keyboard player while their at it.
they will need someone to do the high end part's like Brent did
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Natorious
Junior Boarder

#8595 3 years, 4 months ago
The people have spoken. You guys love them. Thanks for all the feedback everybody. Not trying to be negative, I love Furthur
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
Natorious
Junior Boarder

#8602 3 years, 4 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
If they drop Sunshine and Jeff they'd better get another Keyboard player while their at it.
they will need someone to do the high end part's like Brent did

That's ridiculous. The keyboard player isn't going anywhere. You must have grabbed that out of thin air. You must have typed that on the wrong thread
FickleHillRoad
Fresh Boarder

#8608 3 years, 4 months ago
Keep Jeff and Sunshine.
In fact, pull a song or two from Jeff's Box Set catalogue and let him lead. He would blow away the audience. I can think of several of his songs that would fit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#8610 3 years, 4 months ago
i haven't really heard the back up singers to much.........they need to turn bobby's mic up.......some how the sound needs to be carried to the back top of the venues....the sound isn't heavy up there.......Jk's allright.....he needs a push with back ups......some more force, give the songs strength again.... he seems kinda shy and soft......which is nice.......I think Phil likes a girls up there....Joan and Susan..........
FURTHUR FOREVER......LONG LIVE THE DEAD
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#8633 3 years, 4 months ago
"she did Sunrise at RCMH Sunday night you goofballs " you goofball that wasn't sunshine who sang sunrise...no no no
friki
Fresh Boarder

#8649 3 years, 4 months ago
Just to weigh in, I think the the singers fill in the sound nicely.

Phil sings well (I think) on the things he sings, but benefits from the background fill. So does Bob. I personally think that part of the reason these guys like this band is that the vocals are distributed. Let's face it, they are not 20, 30, or 40, and have spent- especially Bob - decades fronting vocals. Having some harmony behind them is both a nice touch musically and probably makes for a more gentle evening for them (and thus for US).

Not all change is good, but a lot of it actually IS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gratefulpanda
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#8651 3 years, 4 months ago
I really like the back-up singers. I have a disc of GD songs done by Reggae artists, and I think it's Marcia Ball that does Row Jimmy so very beautifully. I'd like to hear Sunshine sing that one, reggae style. And I'm always down for some Motown!
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds