• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: accidentally lit my engine on fire!!

#85578 2 years, 11 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Fuck the truck.....WHAT HAPPENED TO THE APPLE BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you left out a little bit of the back story.

I was 25 miles from AC and HAD JUST SMOKED A BOWL when I decided to pull into a rest stop.

Can't fool us old heads MM

I was actually sober as can be, it was just one of those stupid things you do without thinking. This was at like 4pm and I hadn't smoked anything since I did during the show the night before, I wasn't on NoDoz or anything that would alter my state of mind at all. I added some oil, put the oil back in my truck, did a few things and then closed my hood with the oil cap sitting on the intake manifold ...... luckily the cap was still there and no damage was done.

--oh and the apple brownies were wrapped so they didn't spill out or anything - just put them back in the cooler after I realized they were thrown asside
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by MushroomMan.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#85585 2 years, 11 months ago
Stick with that story......
Chester
More or less in line

#85591 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey MM. Glad you made it through. I'm really glad we've met up at every show I've been to so far.
And, yeah, you have some amazing stories. I couldn't believe your truck was OK after that. Your
obviously traveling under a good sign. (Those discs you gave me were amazing. Listened all the
way back home. Thanks again.)
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#85595 2 years, 11 months ago
lol - it really is the truth man, I do understand you not believing me but im not lieing .... I would have no shame in admitting if I was stoned, matter of fact I think it sounds a lot dumber that I did it sober.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#85597 2 years, 11 months ago
Chester wrote:
Hey MM. Glad you made it through. I'm really glad we've met up at every show I've been to so far.
And, yeah, you have some amazing stories. I couldn't believe your truck was OK after that. Your
obviously traveling under a good sign. (Those discs you gave me were amazing. Listened all the
way back home. Thanks again.)

it was great meeting you for sure and that Floyd show you gave me was great, the sound quality was really good and it was super phychedlic stuff as well. That Kingfish show was sweet to (also great quality) ..... I listened to them first thing on the way to A/C. Last night after getting back to my truck I was thinking "damn how the hell did I forget to tell him about how good those cds were" ..... see you in Albany!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#85656 2 years, 11 months ago
Wow. You are now officially a fully annointed tour head. Wow.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Daisy Mae.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#85849 2 years, 11 months ago
Reminds me of one time when I was jeepin' out in death valley CA and the engine slipped off the mounts on my buddy's CJ and we were like 'how the fuck are we gonna get out of here?' We were up in the mountains and like half a day from anywhere. We carry everything for repairs including a welding rig but we only had hi-lift jacis which you can't get under the jeep like a floor jack so we couldn't get the engine back on the mounts.

Eventually, a miracle happened just as we were about to leave it behind... we figured out a way to get it back on the mounts. We laid the hi-lift jack across the engine compartment on the top and ran the jeep's winch cable through a hole in it, and we used the jeep's own winch to pull its own engine back up onto the mounts!! Then we put new bolts in place to hard-mount it to the frame.

Lots of body damage from the jack and winch cable but we got it out!!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#85878 2 years, 11 months ago
^^^^^^^"necessity is the mother of invention" great idea guys love stories like that
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#85891 2 years, 11 months ago
mm - wow! thats all i can say! glad you and truck still running!!!! it was nice to meet you and your bro! even though it took you FOREVER to find us in the parking garage- hope you make it home with no more drama!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#85971 2 years, 11 months ago
Chuck_Woolery wrote:
Reminds me of one time when I was jeepin' out in death valley CA and the engine slipped off the mounts on my buddy's CJ and we were like 'how the fuck are we gonna get out of here?' We were up in the mountains and like half a day from anywhere. We carry everything for repairs including a welding rig but we only had hi-lift jacis which you can't get under the jeep like a floor jack so we couldn't get the engine back on the mounts.

Eventually, a miracle happened just as we were about to leave it behind... we figured out a way to get it back on the mounts. We laid the hi-lift jack across the engine compartment on the top and ran the jeep's winch cable through a hole in it, and we used the jeep's own winch to pull its own engine back up onto the mounts!! Then we put new bolts in place to hard-mount it to the frame.

Lots of body damage from the jack and winch cable but we got it out!!!

Are you sure that wasn't an episode of McGiver?
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds