• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
redhead deadhead
Junior Boarder

Re: Why does Bill Kreutzmann dislike Furthur?

#10314 3 years, 5 months ago
I love Billy.But come on.I saw Papa Mali at Furthurmore and was "less than impressed"
Bar Band at best.
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#10324 3 years, 5 months ago
To the gentlemen who thought the dead 09 was a bad cover band I say Myabe your right on the whole, but I bought the l.a download and I thought it was awsome and I was so pissed I underestimated them as I was only down in san diego
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by fourwnds.
pogue mahone
Junior Boarder

#10335 3 years, 5 months ago
More important for me than the critical Furthur comments, was Bill's comment after the 2009 Dead tour:
"I was bored toward the end of it".

Well, unfortunately . . . it kinda showed in your playing, too.

I'm glad he's out there playing some new music, from a musical standpoint he definitely needed a change. And from a musical standpoint, I'm sure Bob and Phil just wanted a drummer who was into it as much as they are.

I don't know if the comments were sour grapes or taken out of context. But I do know that saying Furthur should have gotten a great lead guitar player like Warren is not only a hurtful comment toward JK, but its also one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. Has he ever heard JK play? I don't see how you make a comment like that if you've seen JK in action.
freshwater dan
Junior Boarder

#10658 3 years, 5 months ago
I was at Rothbury in 2009 -- the last show they all played together. It was fantastic, with fireworks on the 4th of July (one more Saturday night).

I got the sense that everyone in the band really enjoyed that show. Phil was beaming with a happy smile.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#10668 3 years, 5 months ago
I may be in the minority here but I absolutely loved The Dead with Warren! He is one of the best guitarists ever to grace a stage with the band and his vocals to me are equally as good. Yes, the vibe was different than the typical GD vibe but to me that was the draw. JK has has taken us back to a time a lot of us younger heads missed which is grate in it's own way and has really taken on it's own character as well. The music that Jerry, Robert, Phil, Bobby, Mickey, Bill and so many others came together to create was so original and diverse it is only natural to continue to explore it.

Guys like JK, Warren, Rob B, Trey, Keller etc etc will all make sure the music never stops long after the original crew gets to terrapin!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Lazylightnin
Fresh Boarder

#10801 3 years, 5 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
Maybe he is upset that he has to fly all the way to NY to see them play???

Ha!
Lazylightnin
Fresh Boarder

#10805 3 years, 5 months ago
legis225 wrote:
I am actually more upset that Molo was not involved in Furthur than Micky or Billy.

Contractually obligated to Moonalice................. And Russo is an ANIMAL!!! That is all. Carry on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ablebaker
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#15138 3 years, 4 months ago
I think we can safely say… The Rhythm Devils have yet to play again with Bobby and Phil ONE MORE TIME!
No doubts could be maybe perhaps heh heh.
The Sun Gonna Shine (on) My Backdoor Some day!!!!
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
HowardH1
Fresh Boarder

#15184 3 years, 4 months ago
Test
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#15189 3 years, 4 months ago
SkiNose wrote:
He was talking about stamina... in the context of working on a ranch.... If I am not mistaken.

He still has the chops. But I don't think he's got the strength and stamina to lead the upbeat pace of furthur.

I don't know most of Furthur's tunes seem relatively slowed down to me, I'm pretty sure Billy K could keep up just fine. He has been playing this music for over 40 years
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#15191 3 years, 4 months ago
I miss Bill
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#15198 3 years, 4 months ago
>>>Billy had a tough time after Jerry-fact.

i don't think so. his reported first quote after hearing the news was "does that mean i can have my life back now?"

and i also remember seeing a quote from him right after the '09 tour and before furthur saying he was ready to go on if the other guys were. but then there was that surprise "bill for services" that apparently has led to some unfortunate bad blood. i hope bobby keeps reminding phil that what they have is "thicker than blood" and forgiveness and reconciliation will eventually win the day...
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds