• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Why has Sunshine not been the chance to sing???

#85616 2 years, 10 months ago
From the sound of it on the stream, the background singers have rescued Terrapin on "Inspiration", seems like they breathed a whole new life into that section. I'm anxious to hear it again, and see if it really sounds as good as it seemed last night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Chester
More or less in line

#85619 2 years, 10 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
she was great dueting with JK on comes a time at bethal

I did notice that when I listened to that show. She adds a lot.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#85668 2 years, 10 months ago
Between Spring & Summer tours I got restless and wanted to find out more about her & Jeff.

She was in a band called Passenger that sounded (to me) like, if Rush was a jamband. Her vox are awesome with them!
And she's got this ongoing acapella project that I can't remember the name of, but it's really wild and has a shit ton of singers.

She and Jeff are like one voice! One glorious voice of
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#85677 2 years, 10 months ago
she should sing Peggy o
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#85680 2 years, 10 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
she was great dueting with JK on comes a time at bethal

I second that!!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#85684 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
From the sound of it on the stream, the background singers have rescued Terrapin on "Inspiration", seems like they breathed a whole new life into that section. I'm anxious to hear it again, and see if it really sounds as good as it seemed last night.

I meant to hit quote as usual but I noticed that both times this tour. Not only do the backround singers help it out now but Bob started singing the line different then he used to. I didn't mind it before (but know a lot iof people did) but I do agree it sounds better now.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#85687 2 years, 10 months ago
i meant background on peggyo with phil lead.

she should sing more jazzy blues songs along with the verses on stuff like lr rooster, big RR blues, and let loose on lovelight, good lovin, and Around and Round...."ya know the joint a was a jumpin, Goooin round and roun, yeah eh a reelingand a rockin wahat a Crazy sound....til that moon it wentdown it went down...hay!>"

alongside bobby on dire wolf would be very beautiful, again singing along with him on the verse and the chorus. shes only singing on chorus shit and doing ooohs and aaahs during the verse. Im a voice major, know what im saying. If i were smarter> i would have been a cantor or opera performer, but i chose gettin on the bus instead of the academy for fine arts in Belfast. I started in Ithaca college, then Hampton nh playhouse, to the Apollo in NyC, then to the streets of Rome where i found the love for singing the most. I performed from Rome to Belfast and back. Shes good, but the arrangement of vocals should be planned by someone better than bob.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#85692 2 years, 10 months ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
she should sing Peggy o

No.

I am sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't think, except for a few songs that only Donna sang, a woman should ever take the lead vocal.
bdog
Junior Boarder

#85693 2 years, 10 months ago
ablebaker wrote:
Who is Theresa?
Terry?

Not sure if you guys are being sarcastic or not...that said....Teresa Williams (Larry Campbell's wife) has sung with the boys a few times particularly doing Sunrise (which she totally nails BTW)
www.kimocklist.net DJA 3/21/42-3/19/11
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds