• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Baby Jeebus
Fresh Boarder

Re: Memo to Mushroom Man & please vote!!

#85418 2 years, 9 months ago
And I thought you were one of the few people here with a sense of humor.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#85456 2 years, 9 months ago
I havn't replied cause I've been sleeping in my truck at rest stops with no internet

as much as I appreciate your kindness I don't think I'm the right person for your reward, I've only seen 31 Furthur shows, a lot less then a lot of people..... I did make the whole run (minus virginia) so far, only thing that went wrong is my truck catching on fire but if it survived that I'm not worried traveling with it anymore.

If you ask me, I think wlewis amongst others deserve the award before me - I havn't even done a full tour yet myself. Albany is my last show - I would of loved to go to Ohio and meet everyone but theres no way I could of made it, totally broke. If I had enough money I would do the whole tour in a heartbeat - it's been a hell of a trip so far.

I actually don't mind the driving at all .... A/C>Buffalo was nothing - I just split it up a few times stopping at rest stops for a few hours sleep - had plenty of good new tunes I burnt for the ride to listen to, it's sad that it has to end on tuesday but hopefully next tour I'm a little better prepared money wise....

after this run I'm looking back at all the shows I didn't go to in the past couple years that I certainly could of which is a little bit of a bummer thinking about but it's ok. Like I said in another thread - I hope spring 2012 isn't announced for a while cause I have some saving to do. I'm only going to pay for stuff I absolutley need (and pay parents back plus give them more money just for whatever - I do live in their house) but besides that I'm saving every dollar I can in anticipation for whatever may be in store for this spring...

I'm totally ranting here - I'm so wired from 4 NoDoz pills right now, time for me to relax and puff a little to some tunes here in this hotel that it feels soooo nice to finally be at ---- rest stops are mint though, ill live in my truck on tour anytime if need be!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xonk, rockinbob, 23atwell
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#85462 2 years, 9 months ago
MM, your def worthy of this award, but I have to agree with your observation of WLewis as he has done many a show w Furthur including the NYE run coming up. Either way you BOTH deserve the purple bear award hands down. MM, save up some $$ so you can hit some shows and we can party in the spring of 2012. Having good positive energy such as you guys have, makes it more fun and you guys can crash anytime we cross paths.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#85469 2 years, 9 months ago
Baby Jeebus wrote:
And I thought you were one of the few people here with a sense of humor.

My bad ..apologies... my sense of wit & humor was drowned in to many ales watching football all day. MM you don't get a vote dammit! You all make a valid point about WLewis... I guess its because I am an east coaster and have attended shows in all those cities and know the drives. I attended alot of gd shows in the garden and I know myself that it would have been damn near impossible to make syracuse. Then to AC? Then to Buffalo? I would need a giant supply of Casey Jones and be 20 years younger to even contemplate such a feat. ok folks polls are open till midnight tonight.. rock the vote!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#85471 2 years, 9 months ago
Too soon to cast a vote, must make Albany and return safe and sound....well at least safe. Also a recap of highlights from MM would be helpful.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#85480 2 years, 9 months ago
31 shows is quite impressive, for a band barely 2 years old. Good for you MM
I nominate him for the Award.
I'll be in Albany tomorrow, where is everyone hanging before the show. I hope to get there early enough, but might only leave work around 2 PM, leaving me barely enough time park, eat something quick, and get to my seats....
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#85513 2 years, 9 months ago
It was great meeting you @ Portland. Your head must be pretty full of music by now, enjoy Albany tomorrow, hope to see you on tour again next year!

[attachment:1]C:\Documents and Settings\Dean\My Documents\My Pictures\image11.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#85621 2 years, 9 months ago
Someone correctly pointed out that the purple bear cannot compare to the purple heart and maybe that was a bad analogy. My intent was to demonstrate how high an honor it was, not to compare the 2. Polls are still open.. and personally a previous poster that said its to early he needs to make Albany and gets home safe is the way I'm leaning at this point.
Chester
More or less in line

#85630 2 years, 9 months ago
Mushroommans accomplishments, sit in high esteem with me. He deserves a lot of credit, at least.
It's not easy on this tour. Tons of extra driving, and a few difficulties on the way. And still going.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#85638 2 years, 9 months ago
hahah thanks for the comments folks? i do not need to be in the race, it's not a contest for me. this is the only place anyone wants to nominate me for awards for my insanity, very interesting. last night was my 88th, something about palindromes for me and this band. the band awards me with personal shows like last night right in my hometown, serving me up a hot fresh dupree's just like i asked. after NYE i will have seen a total of 92 furthur shows in 2 years. too much too fast?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Tmglf2, rockinbob
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds