• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: So, during the donor rap, when Phil says...

#8695 3 years, 6 months ago
In many lives there comes a point where you simply can't do it on your own anymore. The circumstances are too overwhelming, you're too far adrift. You might be trying to keep your father afloat in his dimentia while your finances and your marriage seem to be crumbling. That was me. Or you might be lying in a hospital with a failing liver...

There's nowhere to turn. There's nothing left. Your career, your connections, everything that you think defines you, are ultimately worthless. So you reach out, your desperation as pure as a child's. And that's when you find out who God really is.

I didn't pray for my father to be cured. That would have been ridiculous. I simply asked that if it was God's will, then please give me the strength to endure, pleaase let my marriage survive, please bring me a little peace of mind. I took care of my dad for several years and a lot of it was sheer hell but somehow, things never flew completely apart. At the end, there was nothing but love beween me and my father, and today I'm reasonably sane and healthy, and my marriage is going strong.

I don't feel I can take credit for any of that.

I've wondered sometimes if Phil might have reached out in the same way. My situation was certainly desperate but it was nothing compared to his. As everyone who's read Searching For The Sound knows, there was every possibility that he wasn't going to make it.

So I think that when he says "God bless you," he's speaking from the purest experience.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , LDowling, Jack Jones
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

#8703 3 years, 6 months ago
From the heart! Awesome thread.

www.edgarcayce.org/quoteofday.asp

I find these thoughts useful - these are the quotes from my little white book that I carry daily. They present a new thing to focus & pray about every morn.

Today's email said something that really hit home in my life, that I'd like to share
"Think on This ...
Know that ye are going through a period of testing. Remain true to all that has been committed to thee, and know that each day is an opportunity, and an experience. Speak a word for thy ideal. Not as to force an issue but ever constructive. Sow the seed of truth, the seed of the spirit. God will give the increase.

Edgar Cayce Reading 3245-1"

Love ,
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , LDowling
LDowling
Junior Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#8714 3 years, 6 months ago
Thank you, Equinox. My story is so similar to yours- my mother has a terminal illness, my father is in crisis as well- these things tend to cause you to change your perspective, to reach out your hand.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#8814 3 years, 6 months ago
i went to catholic scholl for 12 yrs i got plenty of religion to spare dont want or need a new one thank you
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#8826 3 years, 6 months ago
LDowling I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. I know where you're coming from. My mother had cancer. It was horrible but nowhere near as crazed as the experience with my dad. And when she was going through her illness, in the early 90s, the Grateful Dead were still on the road so I had that to lean on.

I pray that you find strength and comfort when you need it and that even in these dark days, you're able to share a few moments of light with your parents. In the end, I've found, it's those moments that make the whole arduous process worthwhile.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDowling
eveningmoods
Fresh Boarder

#8842 3 years, 6 months ago
thank you for sharing your stories and relationship with God.
83msg~ I grew up catholic too, and I feel your frustration and pain from the lack of intimacy with God. I was not allowed to know God- we had to go through the priests to be forgiven and believe them that they know God. Unfortunately many catholics are messed up with the religious spirit. This is something I didn't know anything about. All I knew as a catholic was that I was a sinner, guilt was the dagger and God was far far away in heaven somewhere. I hope that you will take this opportunity to open your heart and spirit to God. Please understand that your catholic upbringing was probably doing you more harm than good, as I am sure you can attest. As a catholic we are not taught about the Bible- it is purposefully kept from us so we have to rely on the church and so we lose the power and love that God wants us to have. We were not taught about having a real relationship with Him and that is tearing the spirit right out of the catholic church, it has been happening for decades and the more I am learning the scarier it gets. Don't think of it as religion, cause that is not what God wants, He wants relationship, give that a try, and pray to Him to release you from the religious spirit that is keeping you from having a loving relationship with Him. Read these articles and become free of catholicism so you can know how much God loves you!! "Abba's Child," written by Brennan Manning, is an excellent book to start with- he also has lots of good videos on youtube!

www.etpv.org/2002/trelig.html
www.angelfire.com/sd/sermons/RELIGION3.htm

Bless you all
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by eveningmoods.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#8851 3 years, 6 months ago
dont put words in my mouth i know plenty bout the bible.this exactly what i mean,people trying to convince me whats good for me.you do what works for you and leave me out of it
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
eveningmoods
Fresh Boarder

#9972 3 years, 5 months ago
I believe there is an unseen spiritual war going on all around us. Inside, the enemy is able to speak lies into our minds that are often mistaken for our own thoughts. I have felt the results of evil spirits and the beautiful indescribable feeling when God freed me from their strongholds and influences. Half of my life I spent doin time for some mother f@*$er's crime. I was blind and dirty from sin & if a man among you got no sin upon his hand...let him cast a stone at me for writing about this... The obvious is hidden

The Good Lord willing!!
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds