• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
eveningmoods
Fresh Boarder

So, during the donor rap, when Phil says...

#8496 3 years, 4 months ago
"God bless you."

Is Phil talking about Almighty God Creator of Heaven and Earth or Bobby's little elephant ginesh god that tours everywhere with them and sits atop his rig every night?

no disrespect whatsoever
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

Re: So, during the donor rap, when Phil says...

#8511 3 years, 4 months ago
No.
He's talking about Lord Lucifer !
Get on youtube and punch in macon carrington , you wont believe the drivel this guy is spouting
He claims to have the inside skinny on everything including those Diabolic Dudes we all know and love, the Grateful Dead !!
If everyone gets behind this guy , maybe we can save the planet before it's too late !!

BBBWWWWWAAAHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHAAAAA !!
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by the highway terror.
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#8521 3 years, 4 months ago
Someone always sneezes right before he finishes the Rap.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#8523 3 years, 4 months ago
god is diffrent things to different people long as ya dont try converting me to your thing im fine with whatever knock on my door trying to sell me on your religion you meet my dogs
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

#8609 3 years, 4 months ago
Time to get politely outspoken & see what others' perspectives are.
What are yours ?
Here are mine :
God is God, whatever the label or understanding (or lack of either).

"'I AM' that I am," said he on the thunder,

"Here I am, Hear, "I AM."

Not to sound disrespectful, but I don't see what's wrong with people trying to share something that they find wonderful, whether its religion or the (Grateful Dead or) Furthur, or their favorite restaurant down the street.... If you love your brother, don't you want to share your joy? Truly, there "aint no time to hate."

But then I consider Christ to be the model of how to BE-

What was it one of the most Christ-like people of the 20th century said?

...that is, what did Gandhi say?
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Remember that we Christians are mostly imperfect & naive (& often arrogant) in our beliefs (because our faith is too weak, perhaps). I could go on & quote Ken Wilbur or the Dali Lama, or the Pope or the current LDS prophet, or Johnny Cash but God speaks to us all. 'nuff said,
Peace & Love My Sisters & Brothers, Try share the another's burden & accept it when someone does likewise; see if it works for you.

~~~~Smile!!! & live the smile.~~~~

my 2 cents & change
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerri1031, Equinox, PMoondancer , LDowling
LDowling
Junior Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#8611 3 years, 4 months ago
i think was kinda funny when Phil said so eloquently, "God bless you.... and Happy Goddamn New Year!!!" This was inevitably followed by someone screaming, "I'm a DON-AH, I'm a Don-AH!!! I got your LIV-AH, Phil!!!!" Priceless.

Seriously, though, I believe that it's important to believe in a higher power.... a power greater than one's self. Along with the support of family and friends, having faith in God and/or spirituality can give you strength, it soothes the soul, it can provide a moral compass, and helps to guide through life's complexities. When you have crisis in your life- your loved ones and your spirituality can carry you through.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by LDowling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
niarfoxob
Junior Boarder

#8613 3 years, 4 months ago
I thank who ever and what ever gave me all my second, third chances........it so happens i call it God myself........what it is i don't know......but i like to think it was there before the big bang......or just the number 1
FURTHUR FOREVER......LONG LIVE THE DEAD
QueenJane
Fresh Boarder

#8640 3 years, 3 months ago
I think he means God, in the Biblical sense.
starlite
Junior Boarder

#8647 3 years, 3 months ago
regardless, Ganesha is no LITTLE god BTW.
eveningmoods
Fresh Boarder

#8654 3 years, 3 months ago
Like Jack Jones wrote- I was arrogantly ignorant when it came to my understanding of myself as a Christian... I didn't know what it meant to know God, I was lacking faith, which is why I have a story to tell...
I saw Bobby & ginesh night after night (x 250 nights)... it became so common and was not a big deal, I guess. I got into yoga and started following the 'new age spirituality' movement trying to get enlightened... I hate to admit it... I got a ginesh! In less than 2 weeks I had double trouble, within 2 consecutive days I had mice and a poisonous snake inside my home for the very first time ever! The next day I noticed ginesh had a mouse and snake by his feet... He's gone.

I love Bobby more than words can say, which is why I am reaching out to him and others. I personally experienced the darkness that clings to idolatry... I'm not talking about the snake, but about something far greater that uses our behaviors and beliefs to decieve and control us. The darkness rides on the symbols that are visible in our deadculture~ do we even know what that symbol really means on our clothes or bumperstickers? We are being decieved, we are the victim and the crime. One way or another this darkness got to give. I just want to speed up the process, I guess.

p.s. when I said that ginesh was 'little' I was referring to Bobby's statue being little, most people don't even know its there cause its 'little'. didn't mean no harm
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by eveningmoods.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds