• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brightday
Junior Boarder

Going to sold out show w/o a ticket

#844 3 years, 5 months ago
Two of the three shows I went to without a ticket. Hershey & one of the MSG shows (89? 90? 91? Rainforest benefit run)

I won't say what happened the other time, but it didn't involve a ticket. It was at SPAC & was sold out. 88?
toad
Junior Boarder

Re: Going to sold out show w/o a ticket

#846 3 years, 5 months ago
Went to quite a few back in the GD days but I also got a ticket even for shoes I showed up at ticketless.
"Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies"
brightday
Junior Boarder

#848 3 years, 5 months ago
Well, I wasn't done typing but it posted my comment anyway. Glitch? Beware!

What I was going to say :

People often suggest (when I post requests for extras, near-ish to show time) that I should just go and hope for the best.

I have never gotten a ticket by putting my finger in the air. Maybe it's my looks or something? Too weird, not weird enough? But it's still me.... not going to change. Some people seem to be really good at it, shoot, I've miracled quite a few of those people over the years.

I'm just NOT willing to drive hours each way & then miss out on the show. Even if it's a "sure thing" that there will be tickets outside.

How do others feel about this?
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#984 3 years, 5 months ago
backin the day it was rare for me not to have a ticket, but when you want to hit 18 shows at $40-50 a ticket- that's a lot of cash. So sometimes I had all the tickets, sometimes I found myself on tour when I wasn't planing to be.

Dead 2009 I was shut out from MSG (GDTS rejected me). But I got to MSG at around 1 p.m., and just sent out the love vibes w/finger in the air. Had to find 3 tickets in all and of course the two I was with went to a met game lol. there were at least 100 people standing next to me sekign a ticket, and another 400 in line hoping they opened up more seats.

Sure enough- I got three rear view seats for face ($100 each). Spent the whole time dancing like a maniac on the rampway that seperated the two upper levels... sweet place to be. And I bumped into the two couples who sold me the ticket and they could see I was into it...

I've been shut out twice: the last night of the amazing Albany 1990 run that made it on the Kick cd, and the first night post-Brent at MSG (weird night). i actually gave up my tix to my girlfriend, as I was seeing all 6 and she could only see that one.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#993 3 years, 5 months ago
I don't think there's anything wrong with showing up without a ticket as long as the ticketless person observes proper ettiquitte

might as well go you might get lucky
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds