• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Last night "loser"

#84310 2 years, 5 months ago
I was listing to last nights loser on gd radio. I did not really enjoy it to much.maybe I'm closed minded a little but I can't help it. I think I'm so used to Jerrys guitar tone which absolutely soothes my soul. So I didn't like the tone on JK guitar and really wasn't feeling his playing on it. I also think it a kick in the face to JK that Bobby sings it. Come on bobby your not doing this song any justice by talking the song. Why not let JK do this one. Black Peter and loser are such great songs and Jerry just filled these with so much heart and warmth. Maybe I'm just having a off day or something but I just think there are some songs that should be more paid attention too.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Estimated Prophet
Junior Boarder

Re: Last night "loser"

#84327 2 years, 5 months ago
I'm going to have to say I'm with you. John knocked Loser out of the park at Radio City last year. That followed by Bobby killing Train in Vain really shows that everyone should play to their strengths.

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-2...ternak.112625.flac16
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#84335 2 years, 5 months ago
23atwell wrote:
I was listing to last nights loser on gd radio. I did not really enjoy it to much.maybe I'm closed minded a little but I can't help it. I think I'm so used to Jerrys guitar tone which absolutely soothes my soul. So I didn't like the tone on JK guitar and really wasn't feeling his playing on it. I also think it a kick in the face to JK that Bobby sings it. Come on bobby your not doing this song any justice by talking the song. Why not let JK do this one. Black Peter and loser are such great songs and Jerry just filled these with so much heart and warmth. Maybe I'm just having a off day or something but I just think there are some songs that should be more paid attention too.

Ryan: I politely disagree on the song last night. Perhaps being there made it different, but JK's guitar was doing diffrent things. as far as the vocals, I have concluded Bob is what he is on certain songs. I am very protective of garcia and yes, JK is not in his league, yet if he is trying different things than lets give him the benefit of the doubt. I remember hearing jerry with his midi stuff the first coulple of times and prematurely dissed it as unnecessary. But came to embrace it much
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by newyawker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, 23atwell
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#84343 2 years, 5 months ago
I agree ny it would be different if I was there. It's real easy to hear songs that I feel that are off more than on. I'm sure if I was there I would see things a little different.

Am I in the minority here if I want them to sound like gd more. JK stick with Jerry tunes, phil stick with phil tunes. The more JK sounds like Jerry the better I like furthur. The guitar sound and all. I know he's doesn't but he can do things that give me that warm feeling Jerry does
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker, mbckic
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#84344 2 years, 5 months ago
i was there. i thought musically it was decent john sounded fine. bob's vocals were a little disappointing because john normally sings this. however, tempo seemed to be slightly quicker
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, 23atwell
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#84405 2 years, 5 months ago
At first I thought this was a thread about Wheelman (see pathetic loser thread he started)

I thought the song started slow and then a noticeable pick up in pace. There was a Bob-le or two with the lyrics, but it ended strong and sequed into very good BEW>JS
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
Chester
More or less in line

#84408 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i was there. i thought musically it was decent john sounded fine. bob's vocals were a little disappointing because john normally sings this. however, tempo seemed to be slightly quicker

I agree. wlewis, I think I just barely missed you. I was really hoping to run into you there.
Tomorrow, 4 ish, at Pearl Street, ok?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#84784 2 years, 5 months ago
Chester wrote:
wlewis wrote:

I agree. wlewis, I think I just barely missed you. I was really hoping to run into you there.
Tomorrow, 4 ish, at Pearl Street, ok?

you did. i was with MM and doin that rag we walked around a parking garage for about 10-15 minutes and couldn't find you. i had to take off while i still had a set of directions fresh in my mind that i had to remember, otherwise screwing me over for the night. i'll try to swing down there a little while after that. i need to be hauling and setting up gear around 4ish about a mile away from there.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#84786 2 years, 5 months ago
Cool. Sorry about the garage thing. You guys were in the wrong part MM, his bro, and DTR found us.
Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#84890 2 years, 5 months ago
Is this the first time Bobby has done vocals on this. I love that song and if jerry is not singing it let john.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds