• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

Re: What the hell happened last night...(bad reviews)

#84234 2 years, 11 months ago
That was just a awesome night last night, I'm not going to say anymore.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Ace#11.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#84235 2 years, 11 months ago
Obviously d1 needed a bump...happens to the best of em...

The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, Terrapin Sedation
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#84237 2 years, 11 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Wheelman wrote:
Wheelman wrote:
Um one inebriated fan had a bad time? reviews with an s means more than one.....

arjanstar, thought it was lackluster too...

read the WHOLE thread...

Well if had a hellacious drive after a night in Manhatten I'd be feelin pretty lackluster too.

neither went to MSG..

Fair enough.. but let them tell us why. In the meantime lets watch/listen to this.

Nice Vid. Right at about 5:35 Bobs doing a little fancy stumming work, JK watching him waiting for his que, then Bob gestures to JK to start singin. Cool to see those interworkings
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
bender
Junior Boarder

#84238 2 years, 11 months ago
Based on the setlist, I find this hard to believe but I'll give the tapes a chance. Furthur is good but I'm so so sure they go other worldy or magical. Maybe, but it's once in a great while.

Ace#11 wrote:
Wow ! If someone can say ONE bad thing about last nights show , they have no clue and need to stay in the lot and save a ticket for a real fan. That was honestly one of the best conerts I have ever attended in my entire life! And it was also the 11th time I have seen Furthur it does not compare to any Furthur show I have seen it was other worldy and pure magic! these people just want to go to these shows to see their friends and the scene and the good time, they don't care to have their mind blown, so, when they can't comprehend something, they shut it down by saying it sucked or wasn't for them, because they just can't handle it. Thanks Furthur Love ya!!!!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#84239 2 years, 11 months ago
To each their own.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#84241 2 years, 11 months ago
Bakes wrote:
To each their own.

OUCH!!!...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#84246 2 years, 11 months ago
More suckage

I know D1 he sees beaucoup shows. I'm curious what he's talkin about. He must have seen/witnessed something backstage?....speak brah..the tapes aren't agreeing with ya.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#84251 2 years, 11 months ago
i thought the show was great. was it the best? no. i wouldn't call it a bad show by any means. the band actually looked upbeat compared to normal. if anyone is basing anything on bob, he always looks like a grumpy old man struggling to get through tunes. he sounded good last night though. very minor vocal flubs from what i remember, and that includes no psychadelic bias. phil was having a blast, not as aggressive throughout but he was doing just the right thing at every moment. this show actually had something many furthur shows do not. FLOW. this show flowed so well the song choice was nice but their transitions were on, and it was not like their usual slow down basically stop transitions...it was john giving phil the nod like the leader of the band many times. bob doesn't even have to look around he is aware of everything that is going on. whether he pays attention to it all the time or not i can't say, but he was AWARE for the majority of last night. chimenti there is nothing to say we don't know. he's out of control in the best way possible. russo too. beating the hell out of those skins. he was VERY intense last night, especially during that soloman's. i also thought jeff p and sunshine were turned up quite a bit because they were clear as day for me on the opposite side of the stage in front of the stacks
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender, FurthurFlower67
tumbleweed
Junior Boarder

#84254 2 years, 11 months ago
Ace#11 wrote:
Wow ! If someone can say ONE bad thing about last nights show , they have no clue and need to stay in the lot and save a ticket for a real fan. That was honestly one of the best conerts I have ever attended in my entire life! And it was also the 11th time I have seen Furthur it does not compare to any Furthur show I have seen it was other worldy and pure magic! these people just want to go to these shows to see their friends and the scene and the good time, they don't care to have their mind blown, so, when they can't comprehend something, they shut it down by saying it sucked or wasn't for them, because they just can't handle it. Thanks Furthur Love ya!!!!

I have something bad to say about the venue. After 5 hours in the car and a train department detour, we were at the doors trying to get in and got caught in an angry crush of people violently shoving to get through. Security shut all venue doors right at 7 and letting 2 or 3 in at a time through only 3 doors, and then pushing back the crowd before slamming the doors shut again. Not only did we miss the first 4 songs, but it was a physically frightening and dangerous patch of bad juju the likes of which neither of us has seen in our 30 years of touring.
this is the season of what now
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#84255 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i thought the show was great. was it the best? no. i wouldn't call it a bad show by any means. the band actually looked upbeat compared to normal. if anyone is basing anything on bob, he always looks like a grumpy old man struggling to get through tunes. he sounded good last night though. very minor vocal flubs from what i remember, and that includes no psychadelic bias. phil was having a blast, not as aggressive throughout but he was doing just the right thing at every moment. this show actually had something many furthur shows do not. FLOW. this show flowed so well the song choice was nice but their transitions were on, and it was not like their usual slow down basically stop transitions...it was john giving phil the nod like the leader of the band many times. bob doesn't even have to look around he is aware of everything that is going on. whether he pays attention to it all the time or not i can't say, but he was AWARE for the majority of last night. chimenti there is nothing to say we don't know. he's out of control in the best way possible. russo too. beating the hell out of those skins. he was VERY intense last night, especially during that soloman's. i also thought jeff p and sunshine were turned up quite a bit because they were clear as day for me on the opposite side of the stage in front of the stacks

welp...
looks like half enjoyed last night, & half were disappointed..

I hope they bring (everything they got) tonight...
to make up for it....
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds