• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gregulator
Junior Boarder

Easy to Love You

#8391 3 years, 5 months ago
I keep listening to easy to love you from 1980 and thinking to my self that Furthur could pull it off.

another great brent song that John could sing, I know we've been treated to him singing Just a little Light, and I think easy to love you would be welcomed back. probably a better fit than say, Far from Me or Blow away(though I like em both as well, maybe they wouldn't fit in the overall feel of Furthur)...or even Take you home I guess. But Easy to Love you seems like it would be a perfect fit. Just my 2 cents
~bus~
Junior Boarder
videographer/photog for NASA TV at KSC

Re: Easy to Love You

#8395 3 years, 5 months ago
My favorite Brent song
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#8398 3 years, 5 months ago
i loved brents tunes but he was a troubled soul and i think the music reflects that and they are "his " songs and maqy be best left alone just my opinion
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#8406 3 years, 5 months ago
The only person who could possible sing these tunes with Furthur is Jeff Phearson
gregulator
Junior Boarder

#8552 3 years, 5 months ago
its not 'these' tunes. just a little light is already being sung by john. i was pretty clear that Easy to love you could also be sung by john, easily. now far from me, blow away or take you home are pretty much out of the question IMO. But after listening especially to 1980 versions of Easy to love you i am convinced that John could sing it and it would be sweet. I don't see how 'troubled soul' factors into easy to love you...
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#8865 3 years, 5 months ago
gregulator wrote:
its not 'these' tunes. just a little light is already being sung by john. i was pretty clear that Easy to love you could also be sung by john, easily. now far from me, blow away or take you home are pretty much out of the question IMO. But after listening especially to 1980 versions of Easy to love you i am convinced that John could sing it and it would be sweet. I don't see how 'troubled soul' factors into easy to love you...

I don't know. JK didn't sound so hot on Just a little light and they appeared to have dropped it from the rotation (my guess is they didn't think it worked either) I don't think Easy to love you would work either. I do have to say he does a pretty nice job on Fantasy though
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#8867 3 years, 5 months ago
Those songs shouls remain untouched , Unless Chris Robinson sings one at a New Years show or something , Other than that it wouldn't be doing it justice, and should remain forbidden land.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds