• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

The Clapper - does anyone know who he is??

#83845 2 years, 9 months ago
Hi!!

So I hit a bunch of the shows on the West Coast (Eugene, Vegas, Greek). Vegas was an especially strange experience as Deadheads and tie dyes did not go with the gamblers and dark tones of the Hard Rock hotel. LOL.

Was kind of ripped for this show..........hehe. During the 1st set about half way in to it, there was a guy that was clapping along to the music..........not rythmically but just kind of wierd and OCD like. I just assumed he was higher then me.

Later on during the second set I moved back and was just dancing. I kept hearing what I thought was a weird echo off the back wall that sounded like...........clapping. Until I finally turned around and looked and it was the Clapper.

You can hear him on the Aud recordings too.

So today I am listening to Mohagan center from this week and I hear clapping. LOL. Sounds like the same guy and same weird OCD clap.

Anyone know what I am talking about??

Peace.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: The Clapper - does anyone know who he is??

#83855 2 years, 9 months ago
I don't know but I have feeling that I'm going to be ripped and turn around and see him now, lol. That would be weird
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#83863 2 years, 9 months ago
LOL. That would be weird.

And what you described is exactly what happened to me at the Joint. I just turned around and there he was.

BTW - not trying to an a**hole about it either, we all have our own way of interpreting the music. I sat by the Hearing Impaired translator in Eugene one night........was really cool to see her sign the words for sure, but more interesting to sign the music, especially the jams.
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#84063 2 years, 9 months ago
Really, someone can do that? That I would love to see. Youtube maybe?
Sharicee
Junior Boarder
Love you all!

#84136 2 years, 9 months ago
I was standing very close to " The Clapper" in Las Vegas. The clapping was so very unique...I was sure it would rupture my tympanic membrane during the first set!
Too pat to open and too cool to bluff...
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#84144 2 years, 9 months ago
I love random people on tour. Might be the clapper. We call him smiling Jesus. He smelllllllllllls baddddd. Another dude we call skirt boy who just spins in a skirt, not cool.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#89426 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks you all for your comments. I was wondering if it was just me or if it was for real. As I have listened to the last weeks Auds, I am sure I keep hearing him. Too funny.

Yes, there certainly is a pretty wide bandwidth of "interesting" people. I love it......the diversity.

I come to the shows pretty much looking like a cop........bald with regular clothes on........yet high as a kite.

Gotta wave my freak flag high.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#89461 2 years, 9 months ago
there's always a clapper, a whistler, a screamer etc. in every crowd
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#89463 2 years, 9 months ago
I was at both Syracuse and Albany shows, and I couldn't help but notice this guy in a tie-dye smoking weed from a pipe. He had fairly long hair too.

Did anyone else see this dude, or was I the only one?
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, wlewis
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#89503 2 years, 9 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
I was at both Syracuse and Albany shows, and I couldn't help but notice this guy in a tie-dye smoking weed from a pipe. He had fairly long hair too.

Did anyone else see this dude, or was I the only one?

Hm, a long haired guy smokin a bowl in a tie die at a furthur show. Never saw such a thing

Just busting chops a bit. I never noticed "the clapper".
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds