• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
~bus~
Junior Boarder
videographer/photog for NASA TV at KSC

Chasing the Star

#8348 3 years ago
Hopped on the bus in '91. Granted, being in Florida I only got to see a few shows each year-saw a few local, drove a several hundred miles for a few more. Rat Dog and Phil's bands gave me several more shows. Still, Dark Star escapes me. Not one yet. I've been off by a day (such as last night). But never been graced with the supreme awesomeness that is Dark Star.

Any others out there still searching for that Star?

Maybe it is to be. The sum of all the great Stars on tape and cd playing in my mind will never beat the one that I finally witness face to face. I doubt it though...one day I and the others Star deprived souls will get their baptismal juice. But for now I wait in anticipation for the next beautiful note that this band brings...
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Chasing the Star

#8364 3 years ago
people waited years for it back inthe day
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
deadbeat427
Junior Boarder

#8368 3 years ago
I've also yet to hear this..I wanted to make a list of songs I really wanted to hear and then try and follow Furthur until I marked them all off my list lol
Make myself a bed by the waterside
In my time - in my time - I will roll roll roll
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#8394 3 years ago
just keep going you'll get your Dark Star one of these days
I had the same problem with unbroken chain, and didn't get one til '06
The following user(s) said Thank You: ~bus~
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#8397 3 years ago
My 2nd show I saw a Dark Star jam in Charlotte 92. Didn't know what I was hearing at the time. . Great Dark Star last night in Atl. Hope you get to see yours soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: ~bus~
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#8683 3 years ago
Ironic in light of my login I know but the Scarlet > Fire keeps evading me. The 9/4/91 version was the first show I got on tape and was life-changing for me and I STILL haven't seen a Scarlet > Fire. Shout out to Jim Barrow from Cleveland for getting me started with 9/4/91 and taping in general )))) I don't know where you are brother but THANK YOU.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ScarletFire.
~bus~
Junior Boarder

#8708 3 years ago
^^

That too has escaped me. I think it is when we stop anticipating the Star or S>F that they will drop on us.
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#8711 3 years ago
First off, was just down near Cocoa Beach a week ago to visit the better half's parents.. Melbourne to be exact. Nice place, but too freaking hot for me.

Dark Star is pretty common these days, so hang in there. Or move to NYC and you'll get it within three months.... Kidding on that last part. Sort of.
~bus~
Junior Boarder

#8715 3 years ago
I hear ya..It is getting too hot for us. And We, or I at least, am a lifer. Wife did 6 years (her first 6) in Ohio as a kid.

After all the work dries up at KSC We are thinking of taking the youngin' and ''Makin the mountains be our home..."
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#8771 3 years ago
You could always make a banner like these folks did..
cloudsurfing.gdhour.com/archives/1246

I chatted with one of them in deadnet a few years back about this and they told me that at the NYE show when the band broke out DS they took down the banner and danced on top of it

For years, you would see their huge banner at SF-Oakland shows along with the ever present "Please come to Japan" giant banner
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 1.49 seconds