• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Instructions for those going to the garden...

#83000 2 years, 5 months ago
1. Get on the Bus... but you may wanna wait till you are about ready to go in ... you can get lost in Manhatten on a magic carpet ride and never make the show.

2. Plain and simple.. Go Large or stay home. This is a place for the big boys & girls. This is not a place to "be mellow"- to much of everthing is just enough!!!!!!!!!!

3. Bring the energy..that place is magical, great things can happen. Be kind to your neighbors.

4. At least close your eyes once and think of Jerry.

5. Rock the shit outta that place or stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Go to the village post show. Bars are open till 4 and most places make drinks so strong ( I swear this one place post show we went to had a band and I asked for a STRONG screwdriver and the bartender gave me a mason jar filled with vodka with one drop of OJ)

7. OK this is just me but I would bag the Syracuse show and hang in NY for the day...and head to AC sat morning. Lots less driving and how often do you get to rock manhatten.

8. Be safe & have fun... and again come prepared to ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Instructions for those going to the garden...

#83003 2 years, 5 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
1. Get on the Bus... but you may wanna wait till you are about ready to go in ... you can get lost in Manhatten on a magic carpet ride and never make the show.

2. Plain and simple.. Go Large or stay home. This is a place for the big boys & girls. This is not a place to "be mellow"- to much of everthing is just enough!!!!!!!!!!

3. Bring the energy..that place is magical, great things can happen. Be kind to your neighbors.

5. Rock the shit outta that place or stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Go to the village post show. Bars are open till 4 and most places make drinks so strong ( I swear this one place post show we went to had a band and I asked for a STRONG screwdriver and the bartender gave me a mason jar filled with vodka with one drop of OJ)

7. OK this is just me but I would bag the Syracuse show and hang in NY for the day...and head to AC sat morning. Lots less driving and how often do you get to rock manhatten.

Agree with everything except #7!!!!!!! Syracuse is a hot city for the band..
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by newyawker.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#83005 2 years, 5 months ago
skip 11/11/11?

something tells me that show is going to be special, and not to be missed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, deadontherivet
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#83007 2 years, 5 months ago
Maybe its just that I'm old, but I don't really get excited about 11/11/11. I doubt the band does either. Its just another day. That said if I was 20 years younger I'm sure I would have headed to Syracuse if I had the ways and means back then.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#83055 2 years, 5 months ago
Maybe its just that I'm old, but I don't really get excited about 11/11/11. I doubt the band does either. Its just another day. That said if I was 20 years younger I'm sure I would have headed to Syracuse if I had the ways and means back then.

Dont hear what I am not saying WITS. I am not saying MSG is chump change. Magical things have happened many of times here. Plus I am not driving from NYC to Syracuse. Got a one way ticket for 89 bucks to fly. Be there in an hour!!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#83061 2 years, 5 months ago
newyawker wrote:

Agree with everything except #4!!!!!!!

I like #4 a lot, actually, and the rest of them as well.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#83072 2 years, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
newyawker wrote:

Agree with everything except #4!!!!!!!

I like #4 a lot, actually, and the rest of them as well.

Sorry everyone, I misstyped. I meant i agree with everything except 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think of Jerry every time I have gone since his death. Too much at times...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#83080 2 years, 5 months ago
I do know the drives are longer on the west coast. We are lucky (northeasterners) to have them playing at so many places that are relatively close to each other.
BUT you gotta admit, it isn't exactly convenient to drive from Manhattan>Syrcacuse>Atlantic City>Buffalo>Albany (I like the way that looks like a setlist). Talk about bouncing around. There are so many ways the driving could be reduced if those shows were strung together differently. But i'm sure theres A LOT more that goes into scheduling a tour.
I'm only going to Albany anyways
deadegad
Expert Boarder

#83090 2 years, 5 months ago
Good advice especially to bring the energy. Synergy baby synergy!
Xonk
Junior Boarder

#83150 2 years, 5 months ago
Look for the hearing impaired section!

Last year we sat right in front of a section roped off for two women who were interpreting the show for the hearing impaired. Wow! what a beautiful addition to the show!
Time to create page: 0.90 seconds