• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Paterno Fired... School prez out

#83011 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh yeah. "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely." It's everywhere.

I was actually wondering the same thing as fred...
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#83025 2 years, 9 months ago
Turned on sportscenter this morning as I usually do just to get a round up of whats going on in sports. Whole hour was dedicated to Paterno and maybe 2 minutes to NBA lockout. I'm a Sports Management Major at Kutztown which is a few hours away from PSU in my Sport in Society class yesterday we spent 30 minutes of the class talking about this. Getting so tired of this story. But Paterno should have been fired years ago but nobody had the balls to do it now at least there is a reason, a very sad one though.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#83076 2 years, 9 months ago
This whole story is a major fail on the behalf of humanity. So many people knew about this and did nothing. I honestly don't know how they could live with themselves.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#83643 2 years, 9 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
This whole story is a major fail on the behalf of humanity. So many people knew about this and did nothing. I honestly don't know how they could live with themselves.

Exactly. The lesson that needs to come out of this whole mess is that not only do you need to speak up in defense of the vulnerable, you need to speak up loud and long until you're heard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#83647 2 years, 9 months ago
"what you do unto the least of these ( people)
you also do unto me"
Jesus

always remember this: all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds