• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Paterno Fired... School prez out

#82892 2 years, 5 months ago
Thank the lord, this is only goin to get worse and worse... reportedly up to 16 victims now... but the trash has been taken out. I can root for the Nittany Lions again.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

Re: Paterno Fired... School prez out

#82904 2 years, 5 months ago
a sad ending for paterno
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#82907 2 years, 5 months ago
Almost a clean sweep. They still need to get rid of this guy Mike McQuery too. He should have gone to police. He also should have stopped Sandusky. Horrible story all around. Why they didn't report all this is beyond me? And how they thought banning Sandusky from the locker room was the answer? Wtf? And how did it stay covered up for 10 years?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#82910 2 years, 5 months ago
It's up to 20 victims now. The story's gone international too. My wife saw it written up on the Daily Mail's web site.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Blue42
Junior Boarder

#82925 2 years, 5 months ago
What astonishes me is, that the Administration could think that this would never come out? And I think thats why some have gone after JoPa. He passed it up to his bosses, but when they didn't stop it or address it he just moved on too. Not what was expected from the Most Respected College FB Coach possibly of all time
Roll Away The Dew
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#82929 2 years, 5 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Almost a clean sweep. They still need to get rid of this guy Mike McQuery too. He should have gone to police. He also should have stopped Sandusky. Horrible story all around. Why they didn't report all this is beyond me? And how they thought banning Sandusky from the locker room was the answer? Wtf? And how did it stay covered up for 10 years?

They didn't ban Sandusky from the building, they just said you can't fuck little kids here... He was in his office at the school two Sundays ago, a few days before the charges.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Portion of the full report below. Full report and link to grand jury report found here

www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6270

Kelly said that rather than reporting the matter to law enforcement, Curley and Schultz agreed that Sandusky would be told he could not bring any Second Mile children into the football building. That message was also reportedly related to Dr. John Raykovitz at the Second Mile (Past Executive Director and Executive Vice-President and currently the President and CEO of the Second Mile).

?Despite this so-called ?ban?, which was reviewed and approved by University President Graham Spanier without any further inquiry on his part, there was no effective change in Sandusky?s status with the school and no limits on his access to the campus,? Kelly said. ?Sandusky?s ?emeritus? position, alleged negotiated as part of his 1999 retirement, provided him with an office in the Lasch Football Building; unlimited access to all football facilities, including the locker room; access to all recreational facilities; a parking pass; a university Internet account; listing in the faculty directory and numerous other privileges ? he had remained a regular presence on campus.?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#82949 2 years, 5 months ago
When I was a kid my dad used to go on about "ivory tower intellectuals." Now my dad was a very educated guy -- he had a degree in philosophy from the University of Pennsylvania (which is not Penn State). But he was pretty conservative. I thought he was being reactionary but as I've gotten older I'm so sure.

Over the years my wife and I have had jobs with colleges and other nonprofits and it's really amazing how often we've encountered people who have this weird sense of entitlement. There's this attitiude like "I'm doing something so important that the rules don't apply to me." Most of the time this plays out in terms of fiscal mismanagement -- "Who cares if we're always in the red? This isn't about money." But sometimes it's worse. The last job my wife had was as an administrative assistant at a department in a good college where hardly anybody did anything. At least half the staff had personal relationships with the chairman who worked about two hours a day. Everybody had expense accounts, travel allowances, six figure salaries, etc. Clearly this was a drain on the college but no one did anything because nobody wanted to rock the boat, politically speaking.

This whole scandal at Penn State just takes the situation my wife encountered to its most grotesque extreme. Nobody did anything because nobody wanted to rock the boat. If you put this in a novel no one would read it because it would be too implausible.

Anyway, we're appalled by this whole thing but not that surprised.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
fred
Fresh Boarder

#82993 2 years, 5 months ago
WEIRD HOW TUESDAY S SHOW THE 15TH WAS CANCELLED A MONTH AGO HUH ? DID THEY KNOW SOMETHIN WAS GONNA GO DOWN OR JUST TYPICAL GD COINCIDENCE AGAIN ?
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#82995 2 years, 5 months ago
Good point Fred. The timing is highly suspicious when it came out... days after Paterno got his 409th win to pass Eddie Robinsons 408. Also the day before an election. There is ALOT more coming out. I just heard some really disturbing stuff that hasn't come out yet. Just to be clear... I am a PSU grad and I am ecstatic that they finally got the balls to fire these clowns...
Its gonna get sicker. Just the tip of the iceberg is whats known now, and with all the national & international press there they WILL turn up alot of info they've been hiding for years. Unfortunately they didn't do a raid immediately..all paperwork I'm sure got shredded and hard drives destroyed.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#82996 2 years, 5 months ago
they broke into law and order last nite for the news confrence,the kids went nuts overturned some news vans etc they sent in state police in full riot gear,i dont understand why they fired Joe P,he reported it like he was supposed too,my real issue is with the fact thateveryone(media) seemsmore concearned with firings than the real victims the kids involved,truly tragic what happened to them i hope they nail sandusky to the wall,thro em in gen pop when hes convicted and let jailhouse justice take effect. thanks for sharing your story Equinox ,i saw the same stuff in the union at the upper levels ,made me sick
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds