• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: Bad acid

#83028 2 years, 11 months ago
This thread is getting me in the mood.
Who's gonna be in Syracuse tomorrow night, and will be able to help out with something NON-BUNK?
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#83029 2 years, 11 months ago
If you are having a bad trip you can take niacin tablets that will help flush it out of your system quicker.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#83039 2 years, 11 months ago
i've done quite a bit of psychedelics over the years and luckily have never had a "bad trip". i've done stuff that wasn't too clean, and also done stuff that turned out to be totally bunk... but nothing that was "bad" or that made me sick.

in Atlanta (1989 i think) i had an experience similar to skobud (also during Candyman). the music was making no sense. Jerry sounded so out of time with the rest of the band, and everyone around was cheering like it was the best Candyman ever. i remember thinking, "why is everyone cheering, this is the worst Candyman i've ever heard... Jerry is really off tonight". finally i figured out that it was me and by the end of the 1st set things started to sound nrmal again. that was really the only time that i remember experiencing severe auditory issues during a trip. i later listened to the recording of that show and the Candyman sounded great.

this year in Eugene (09/24) idid a couple of drops of some truly excellent liquid. in between sets i was so confused... i couldn't figure out if the show was over or if the band was coming back for a 2nd set. a buddy next to me reassured me that we were just in between sets and i should sit tight. it was really hard to talk and my mind was reeling. i also remember thinking throughout the show that someone this high should not be operating thousands of dollars worth of recording equipment. fortunately the recording came out great and i made it back to the hotel safely. the 2nd set was an absolute blast... and to date, that Saturday show was definitely my favorite Furthur show so far.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by .
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#83049 2 years, 11 months ago
there seems to be a lot of individuals out there who think ripping folks off is the thing to do we got taken for 80.00 in pa on my bday of all times my husband saw him though the next night in mass and had a word with him ... trust me this is the most uncool thing I have expierenced the last few years . you folks do not have the right to hang with folks like us at all if that is what you are about it sucks !!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#83050 2 years, 11 months ago
hopefull NJ show will be kind to us we shall see ...
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#83065 2 years, 11 months ago
I tripped at well over half of the 200 GD shows I saw in the 80's and 90's. I never had what I would call a "bad" trip, although some were more challenging than others. I also had the weird audio experience once. It was at the Centrum in Worcester, Mass. in 1987 and I guess I must have taken a pretty large dose. For most of the show my mind couldn't "assemble" all of the parts of the music into something that made sense. It sounded like the music was distorted and that none of the instruments were playing together. I couldn't even determine what songs were being played. My girlfriend had taken the same acid and was having the same type of experience, but people with us that weren't dosed told us the music sounded just fine. By the end of the second set, it had worn off enough that we could "hear" the music again. That was a very strange experience indeed.
Without love day to day insanity's king
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#83178 2 years, 11 months ago
the auditory hallucinations are a side effect of the LSD. anyone who says they have been to a show dosed beyond belief and not gotten that, is a liar. it sucks. t he worst is when you are really o ver the limit and that seems to last longer...like minutes of a song will sound off then all of a sudden it's fine, everythings cool.

i have had one enormously bad trip, and as long as this might be, it is the short version. it was my first winter home from college my buddy from u of c boulder brought home a vial from a cook in the mountains. i told him to let me have it, he fucking squirted that thing like a water bottle. within 5 minutes things were swirling and in about 20-30 the walls had already completely caved in. i was cool for a long time listening to a recent phil a nd friends show i attended. i was not in the right setting. i was at some random friend of a friends house and he changed the music to some gangster rap. i don't know why but i lost it. i politely asked him to turn it off and put my cd back in. this dude didn't even know what LSD was or that i was on it. he said no and i started to freak out, the gangster stuff was just not right it was so obscene (don't get me wrong i like some old 90's type hip hop stuff but comeon...) i immediately felt like something wasn't right. then i noticed my heart rate, then i noticed all the sweat, i looked up to a bunch of red christmas lights but all i saw was myself unresponsive to a paramedic and the lights ambulance lights.. i immediately started telling my friend things as if i was dying--people for him to tell i loved them, especially my parents (whom i lied to that night about where i was going and what i was doing, i think that latently had an effect too) i began talking about a best friend i lost in a car accident, asking where he was. i thought i was dead. i completely died that night, and experienced a rebirth. this happens with each LSD trip but not to the extent of this night...it's not like it was my first rodeo i had dropped more than enough by that point...my friend began talking to me straight. telling me that i was really fine etc etc. by this point i was demanding he bring me home to my parents house and he kept saying no man you don't want me to do that but i thought he was lying. eventually he puts me in the car we start driving im floating. he turns on the cd player...immediately without pressing a button terrapin station comes on. i IMMEDIATELY snap out of it. i look at him and say "what the fuck just happened".....in reality what happened was i had a major anxiety attack. my mindset wasn't right. i was feeling guilty about lying to my parents so i could go drop acid, and it never left my mind that night. secondly, my setting was about as far from ideal as you can imagine. in a house with someone i barely know who doesn't know a thing about what we're doing...all of this pressed me into a frenzy i couldn't shake. i was frightened. that night taught me a lot about respecting LSD because it's way more powerful than any of us.

one other time i ingested several hits of LSD and 7 grams of mushrooms and i didn't move for an entire show. i didn't feel right from the get go, and eventually i became the earth.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
JSOS
Junior Boarder

#83195 2 years, 11 months ago
Why not take San Pedro.......plug your nose and drink awful tasting stuff.......pure mescaline!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#83206 2 years, 11 months ago
Lewis: those are all good lessons learned. being in the right space, with the right people and at the right time definitely contribute to a good trip... and just the opposite sure can result in bad things happening.

i've got my own LSD horror story. it wasn't a bad trip, and it wasn't a bad acid. it was a case of taking way too much. i was young and thought i was invincible. i had tripped hundreds of times and thought i could handle just about any dose. WRONG! no need to go into details, but my night did not have a happy ending. luckily, i survived and learned a very valuable lesson.

for anyone reading this thread thinking, "ha, bad stuff will never happen to me"... please take these stories to heart. as the song says... "when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door". have fun, but be safe!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#83407 2 years, 11 months ago
When I ever i trip and I always hear Jerry say "like I told you, what I said, steal your face right f your head" and if I'm listing to that or I'm at a show and furthur plays it I just look up and wink my eye at Jerry and say to myself you sure did!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by 23atwell.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds