• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Phil Lesh scraps plans for Terrapin Crossroads

#82708 2 years, 11 months ago
This was published yesterday in the Marin Independent Journal. All good things in all good time...

Phil Lesh scraps plans for Terrapin Crossroads music hall in Fairfax

Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh has decided not to move forward with plans to build a Fairfax music venue dubbed Terrapin Crossroads.

Bruce Burman, the project's manager, made the announcement in a brief email message Tuesday night. He said Lesh and his wife, Jill, were on tour on the East Coast and unavailable for comment.

Burman wrote on their behalf: "After careful consideration we have decided not to move forward with Terrapin Crossroads in Fairfax. For all of you that have supported our efforts and helped to define the vision, we are extremely grateful. Phil looks forward to making music and creating a community gathering place sooner rather than later."

Burman declined to elaborate when asked for additional information on the Leshes' plans.

Lesh had proposed construction of an 8,250-square-foot "music barn" at 2000 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. in Fairfax. The plan called for a two-story wooden and glass barn-like building on the site of a former gas station and auto repair shop, next to the Good Earth Organic & Natural Foods store.

Lesh, 71, put the project on hold after someone posted signs reading "No Terrapin, Please," along his normal morning walking route near his home in Ross.

Notified of the announcement minutes before election polls closed Tuesday night, Fairfax Mayor Larry Bragman said, "I regret we were not given the opportunity of going through the process with them. I think that is a real loss for the community. I really do."

Bragman said he had heard rumors that Lesh had decided not to move forward in Fairfax but had received no word from Lesh. He said, "I think it's certainly worth reaching out to them and trying to see if there is anything we can do, any common ground that we can firm up or bridges that we can build to get them to reconsider."

www.marinij.com/business/ci_19293649
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , Tmglf2, Strider1, bluetrainsugaree
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: Phil Lesh scraps plans for Terrapin Crossroads

#82723 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully the right situation will present itself to make this dream a reality.
Phil is not getting any younger.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#82731 2 years, 11 months ago
sucks that the community railed against it maybe he should move
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#82754 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:

Yeah, my neighbor is trying to sel their house, maybe Phil would want to move to wv. I'd offer him my sister but I'm an only child. Hah, imagine that. My parents knew they couldn't perfect another child like me so they gave up.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#82813 2 years, 11 months ago
phil, there are plenty of heavily forested plots of land to make private in the woods of northern california. follow levons example, you've been there, you know how magical it is
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#82814 2 years, 11 months ago
captaintony wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:

Yeah, my neighbor is trying to sel their house, maybe Phil would want to move to wv. I'd offer him my sister but I'm an only child. Hah, imagine that. My parents knew they couldn't perfect another child like me so they gave up.

or they didn't want to make the same mistake

i'm just kidding man, i really had to do it though, and if i didn't clarify it here i think there may have been a shitstorm, and not even necessarily from you.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#82872 2 years, 11 months ago
Move it to St. Louis, or some other city in the Midwest that would live to have the business.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#82873 2 years, 11 months ago
Yes Missouri has some beautiful land deep in the Ozark Mountains!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#82883 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
captaintony wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:

or they didn't want to make the same mistake

i'm just kidding man, i really had to do it though, and if i didn't clarify it here i think there may have been a shitstorm, and not even necessarily from you.

i would have worried if no one slammed me for my comment. It's all good.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#83878 2 years, 11 months ago
we should start a petition of support for Phil.

I think that it would help him feel some love!!!
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amazish
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds