• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bavic
Fresh Boarder

Stage Set up and blocking views?

#82699 2 years, 11 months ago
Hello all, I am going to the Madison, WI show and am in process of choosing where i want to sit. We were at last falls UIC shows and had 2nd row but far left of stage and were blocked from views half the stage. There was a stack and the piano set up right there, i think?
Question??
Any one have a photo of the current stage set up?
does any one know if there items blocking the view off the corner angles of the stage,(how far to the side can you sit and not be blocked?

Thanks,

Scott
Connor
Junior Boarder

Re: Stage Set up and blocking views?

#82728 2 years, 11 months ago
Here's a photo of the current stage setup. Phil and John switched places, and the singers are now on the other side of the drums. Hope this helps.

Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Connor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#82744 2 years, 11 months ago
they seem to be curtaining off the backstage area in a large U, even with the the sides ,of the front of the stage
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Chester
More or less in line

#82746 2 years, 11 months ago
That's a great shot there. Shows those cool circular lighting rigs. So, maybe that's why theyre going to some
of the bigger venues. They're only using a portion of the space?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#82748 2 years, 11 months ago
Chester wrote:
That's a great shot there. Shows those cool circular lighting rigs. So, maybe that's why theyre going to some

Except for MSG where they are selling seats behind the stage as well.
Bavic
Fresh Boarder

#82750 2 years, 11 months ago
hey thanks all for the replies.
Has anyone noticed that all the ticket broker websites are all the same and they dont give you seat numbers anymore?!!!
Really hinders the buyers ability to make a decision on where to buy. With the chance of being way off to side vs being on the center isle of a floor section is a big difference.
Chester
More or less in line

#82767 2 years, 11 months ago
GreatestStoryEverTold wrote:
Chester wrote:

Except for MSG where they are selling seats behind the stage as well.

Cool. With the great NYC head population, and all of the surrounding area heads, I think MSG might sell out.
Or at least come close. As I've said before, that's a special venue. Very cool place for a show, IMO.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#82773 2 years, 11 months ago
Bavic wrote:
hey thanks all for the replies.
Has anyone noticed that all the ticket broker websites are all the same and they dont give you seat numbers anymore?!!!
Really hinders the buyers ability to make a decision on where to buy. With the chance of being way off to side vs being on the center isle of a floor section is a big difference.
use TM's or the venues seating chart to help ya out
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#82779 2 years, 11 months ago
With a one night stand and it being thursday night it could very possibly sell out. The MSG show last year on satuarday night sold out or looked sold out.
tumbleweed
Junior Boarder

#82844 2 years, 11 months ago
Be aware that the stage stretches about 12 feet to the left of Jeff and that's where the big sound boxes sit. I have no idea what they're actually called, Meyer's amps maybe, but they're tall, wide, block all views from the floor and if you find yourself in front of them, as I did in Amherst, blocked views won't be your only trouble. They amplify Phil to a near lethal vibration.

It's not so much loud as it is systemically percussive. I described it as a dirty bomb a few days ago, and it turns out i wasn't so far off with that description. Turns out the severe pain I've had in both eye sockets for 3 days is a result of a combination of two defense mechanisms: increased ocular fluid tension and ocular orbit muscle sorenes of the involuntary muscles in my eyes reflexively attempting to stabilize against the sound vibrations. Yep, Phil nearly made my head explode.
this is the season of what now
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds